A&H

Busy last weekend of 2016

Charlie Jones

Work Until You Don't Have To Introduce Yourself
So .. to wrap up my 2016 - I finished with 2 local derby's! first up was the men's derby on Saturday afternoon ...
Blue v Red, very local, very fiery past ... game starts off below tempo we officials expected which is grand as we are on the ball with everything and the players seem happy to trickle along ... 25 minutes in - boom! red go 1-0 up, and that's when somebody fiddled with the tempo-meter! Every ball chased down, every challenge was hard and fast - the ref was having a stormer and so were both AR's may I add ;) - then comes the first yellow of the game, silly pull back on the half way line - ref (not being assessed) goes to call the player and captain for a quick chat and nothing more! player doesn't want to listen, ignores the ref 3 times - so finds himself having a nice Christmas card! 5 minutes later, Blue team race into the PA and gets brought down dramatically by red defender - with a full box the ref blows instantly for the PK - as he blows and red team stop the ball trickles past through to an open Blue attacker who taps it into the net!! ... goal disallowed - PK given! and as sods law says - blue team miss!! game eventually twindles to a 1-2 win to the reds - very feisty, fast paced game - and we are the bad guys!!

game 2 on Sunday saw the ladies turn to thrust up a juicy derby ... (ill change kit colours so it isn't obvious!!) green v purple ... green majorly dominant in the first half, infact there didn't seem any chance of the purples getting a glimpse of a draw let alone a win! 1-0 at half time and the 2nd half brings new wave of light - firstly a yellow card to green left back for jumping with her elbow (not throwing her elbow) - then, with the game at 1-1 the green centre half and purple attacker have a bit of a scuffle which results in the green defender kicking out - red card for VC! green go on to lose the game 1-2!

interesting weekend, and now for Christmas!!

The Referee Store
Just packing for a little pop across the pond to Cuba for New Year and a small matter of a milestone birthday for yours truly!
They say 50 is the new 30... that didn't work the last time I was stopped by the police though!!! :poop:

I hope you all enjoy the rest and get the batteries re-charged for the new year!!
'Feliz Navidad!' Thats happy christmas in Cuban Spanish apparently!!

they are a nice team, was my 4th or 5th time with them, never had any issues

wow! nice @Sheffields Finest - have a lovely break! Merry Christmas to you and yours, Happy New Year - and most importantly Happy birthday! :p:D

Yes I've been on "purples' matches as well for about 2 seasons now.

Both of them struggling (That was Purples 1st league win of the season), will be between those two for the relegation spot I think.

ahh yes, my 2nd season also - they are, I am surprised and a little saddened that 'Greens' lost, they are starting to play some beautiful football now

ahh yes, my 2nd season also - they are, I am surprised and a little saddened that 'Greens' lost, they are starting to play some beautiful football now
If you're genuinely trying to keep the teams a secret then you're doing a remarkably poor job :) . I'm just starting to get middles in that league so not inconcievable that we (@Charlie Jones, @PinnerPaul ) might end up working together later this season!

Wish I could say the same about purples!:rolleyes: Struggled for a couple of seasons now - they did lose about half a dozen players in the summer to the next league up though tbf.

Russell - If you get appointed to games outside Herts, then yes, I might even see you on the 15th Jan!, although ARs tend to come from Home clubs county only, so sadly - until he gets promoted - I'm unlikely to bump into Charlie!

If you're genuinely trying to keep the teams a secret then you're doing a remarkably poor job :) . I'm just starting to get middles in that league so not inconcievable that we (@Charlie Jones, @PinnerPaul ) might end up working together later this season!

more about just not actually mentioning the team names! id be happy to say the teams if it wasn't so frowned upon, nothing to hide.

and as @PinnerPaul says, AR's in that league are county appointed so unless one of us goes for promotion to L5 I doubt itd happen

Back