• TouchLine Powerflags

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Ervocom

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

Southend-ref

Southend United Supporter
Level 6 Referee
Out of interest, from those who have been lucky enough to use them, what are the best electronic flags - TouchLine Powrflags or Ervocom?

The Referee Store
Southend.
Firstly, I hope you're not considering getting them yet!

Secondly, I've had the pleasure/privilege to use both sets - both in the middle and on the line.
In the middle, the TouchLine receiver pack is a much nicer pack, fits better on the arm and has better options.
The ErvoCom's have better flags and are much nicer to use as AR.

Hope that helps

Southend.
Firstly, I hope you're not considering getting them yet!

No - this was just out of curiosity. Plus, there's no way I trust any of the club assistants I get with expensive flags, I don't give them my non-electric TouchLines!

Possibly, but I do quite a few matches at the Sheffield United academy and I think this would help improve my game and I have hear a lot about them turning people lazy so I will make sure that I used them as they should be used , + I couldn't turn down that sort of bargain ;)

I would advise, if you do use them, tell your assistants to use them only after about 3/4 seconds after they have flagged and you haven't seen it

In all fairness, you need a lot more guidance than that!

The flags should only be used, in my opinion, with experienced neutral assistants. The main advice would be that you should not buzz without a flag, especially not until you get higher up the ladder and work with assistants a bit more regularly. The buzzer is not an excuse not to flag. Good flagging comes first, then looking out for the buzz.

These are the instructions that I give, that specify when to and not use the buzzer. They might be of some help.

Attachments

• Assistant instructions. .docx
    164.5 KB · Views: 79
On @larbitre 's video the button looks a lot bigger than T/Lines - does that make it easier to press or mean that you press it accidently?

The handle is huge and need to put more than regular pressure to activate it. I hold the flag with finger off the button and instruct my ARs to do it that way. I call it a phantom buzz when you think you've been buzzed but you haven't!

The handle is huge and need to put more than regular pressure to activate it. I hold the flag with finger off the button and instruct my ARs to do it that way. I call it a phantom buzz when you think you've been buzzed but you haven't!
Why did you choose these ones of T/Line - after all they are more expensive.

Why did you choose these ones of T/Line - after all they are more expensive.

I bought these three years ago and preferred the design. Price was very similar then. I heard Touchline flags are too short and the flags are plain/different which I didn't like. New Touchlines sound much better.

Also handle of Ervo is huge in a sturdy and not a fully bulky way. Hopefully video demonstrates all of that.

Back