A&H

Can anyone confirm the actual colour this is??

Never really got why undershorts colours are such a problem that we have to get involved. I get the socks thing but the shorts one baffles me why it’s even an issue???

The Referee Store
The undershorts dont concern me, nor the socks but I do try to discourage blatently diff colour long sleeves where I can
Yes, I sort of understand the sleeves one too, makes some sense. But the shorts thing IMO is just petty tinkering for tinkerings sake!

Yes, I sort of understand the sleeves one too, makes some sense. But the shorts thing IMO is just petty tinkering for tinkerings sake!

Unless its happened and I was unaware at the time, I dont think I have ever messed up a call on the basis someone undershorts were visible
I have a whole bible of excuses for my bad calls over the years but I cant stoop as desperate as to blame that!

Yes, I probably messed up too, not because I couldn’t distinguish a 2inch strip of fabric, it was probably due to my untucked shorts and my failing eyesight that I lapsed in concentration for that split second! If only they’d been the same colour as the shorts!!! Just think!!!

Never really got why undershorts colours are such a problem that we have to get involved. I get the socks thing but the shorts one baffles me why it’s even an issue???
It's a stupid law. It's utterly absurd.
If FIFA want the players to look 'professional' then fine, have it as an allowable modification in the laws. That way, top-tier competitions can enforce it and your hungover Sunday morning players don't have to. Just shows how out of touch IFAB are with the game.
Unfortunately our job requires us to apply the laws we don't agree with :)

It's a stupid law. It's utterly absurd.
If FIFA want the players to look 'professional' then fine, have it as an allowable modification in the laws. That way, top-tier competitions can enforce it and your hungover Sunday morning players don't have to. Just shows how out of touch IFAB are with the game.
Unfortunately our job requires us to apply the laws we don't agree with :)

Not just that, this morning am looking out my window and wishing my duvet could come with me to my first game. Its a juvenile u13. Am a fit healthy adult and I aint keen to venture out. Am I really going to enforce an undergarment law on a match which really only me and two teams even know is taking place??

I see Liverpool are wearing the same kit today, with the same dark grey undershirts but light grey undershorts. I wonder if someone had a word with them?

Back