A&H

Canyouref.co.uk

Josh

Level 4 Referee
CanYouRef is a project created by students from the University of Bradford, the students created an online game that simulates being a referee in a football match. Have a go, its really good! (I Hold Top Score at moment)

Found Here: http://www.canyouref.co.uk/

The Referee Store
first impressions not good - keeper wearing different coloured socks to his team-mates and then at least two players wearing undergarments a different colour from their shorts, but when i clicked the screen it said, 'what are you playing at' - yerkshire numpties!

first impressions not good - keeper wearing different coloured socks to his team-mates and then at least two players wearing undergarments a different colour from their shorts, but when i clicked the screen it said, 'what are you playing at' - yerkshire numpties!
I think it is looking for fouls during the game etc ;)

Also apparently when someone lunges in very late and very much gets the player its also not a foul..........

Also, there are loads of really soft challenges that they class as fouls but really aren't! And if you don't pick up on them it says: 'you've missed that one' or, and I quote: 'Stevie Wonder could have seen that one!'

Also, there are loads of really soft challenges that they class as fouls but really aren't! And if you don't pick up on them it says: 'you've missed that one' or, and I quote: 'Stevie Wonder could have seen that one!'

Yeah you have to be a very soft touch for that game......

The graphics are good, but thats as far as it goes. Good idea, but lack of LOTG knowledge and consistency, its very difficult to keep up with the various cameras sometimes. Poor decision making, and some very strange decision. Lack of consistency with following LOTG. 12/13 for example, apparently not a foul and a yellow, but not a yellow for simulation either? Poorly exectued I think, but a very nice idea. But for those reasons, I'm out.

Doesnt work properly for me, click for the foul brings up the options but then they disappear when you try and click on the buggers. Agree with above, good idea, poor execution

they deserve a good bollocking for that comment alone!!

Hi All,

I would like to thank you all for your constructive comments, the project was produced to see if it is possible, to help referee development while sitting in a computer chair. I know there are many of you that say, it doesn’t support your refereeing style. Yes, as a referee my self I 100% agree. However to build something that complex is near impossible or would cost millions on pounds.

The system hopes to allow the user to spot infringements and make the call of what it is.

We have updated the website to make it short and easier to use, give it ago and let us know if you encounter any problems. We do look to develop it further with more advanced featured, I shall keep you posted.

Your comments are greatly appreciated.

www.canyouref.co.uk

Back