A&H

Cheating

I think the law re simulation is fine as it stands now. The solution is for FA(s) to grow a pair and impose serious retrospective punishment (several weeks suspension) for it no matter whether it effected a goal or the result.

Get rid of it in the televised games and it will slowly disappear in the lower level. But I don't see that happening as football is business now and to make money, you need your stars on the field.
We used to do this in the HAL - they've stopped, for some reason, and diving has significantly increased. One problem with the implementation is that the MRP always seemed to pick and choose who they'd pull up for it. Plenty of clear dives escaped their attention
Another problem is the approach of 'any contact means it's not a dive'. That's nonsense.
Anyway, I actually think the suspension should be equal to the offence you're trying to claim occurred. Let's say an elbow to the head is a minimum 5 weeks. If you take a dive to simulate the elbow, you should receive that 5 weeks - plus 2 for the cheating.

Where the laws still haven't made a stance on, though, is the dive after a foul.

The Referee Store
That's not what he said. Not at all. You said it Peter.
He said, "When Kilnsmann introduced us to the more blatant art of cheating" - the clear implication is that Klinsmann (a foreigner) was the person who introduced diving to the English game. It's a claim that I have heard repeated many times over the years but the idea that the noble English race would never have dreamt of diving if not for the malign influence of these disreputable foreigners is patent nonsense.

He said, "When Kilnsmann introduced us to the more blatant art of cheating" - the clear implication is that Klinsmann (a foreigner) was the person who introduced diving to the English game. It's a claim that I have heard repeated many times over the years but the idea that the noble English race would never have dreamt of diving if not for the malign influence of these disreputable foreigners is patent nonsense.

I agree. But he didn't mention foreigners - only you. He was talking about Klinsmann the footballer. It was you that jumped on the PC wagon and chose to see it as Klinnsman the foreigner. Your post above testifies to that. Case closed. ....

Back