A&H

Chris Wilder Comments

The Referee Store
Everyone stop eating because King Wilder has entered the room! As if he’s going to get any kind of respect talking like referees are beneath him

Hopefully there’s a full investigation off the back of this. There’s nearly absolutely no way these comments are true, especially if a ref was implicated in such a scheme, and an investigation would easily prove such.

Everyone has a conspiracy against them

His comments about being told they wouldn't get any decisions should absolutely be investigated. He is implying that someone involved in refereeing told him the officials would favour the other team, he has to justify that otherwise a big and heavy book should be thrown at him.

His comments about an AR eating a sandwich are just laughable. He has gone into their domain, does he think a referee would complain if he went into a team changing room to chase up a team sheet and they were eating pasta? Its the mad ramblings of a manager who knows his team are getting relegated and he is just trying to deflect blame, something Wilder has done all through his career.

Very brave, 'I was told by a premier league referee' implies the referee is current.

So he has said publicly that referees are cheating and he has evidence of this from the source.

I never had any interest in reffing anything other than my clubs youth teams. But I've now decided to go for back to back to back to back promotions just so that I can eat a massive sandwich in front of Chris Wilder.

What an absolute donkey.

If I were a Prem official, I'd be packing a Subway footlong for every Blades game I got for the rest of the season, just in case the opportunity arose.

Hopefully there’s a full investigation off the back of this. There’s nearly absolutely no way these comments are true, especially if a ref was implicated in such a scheme, and an investigation would easily prove such.

Everyone has a conspiracy against them
I don't see how you can say there's absolutely no way they're not. They "could" be true. But, if he's going to insinuate corruption, there needs to be an investigation and he needs to back up his comments.

Referees now have a great excuse not to talk to Wilder after games though. "Sorry Chris, we've just been given our sandwiches so you'll have to come back later, wouldn't want you to get offended seeing us eat" 😂

I don't see how you can say there's absolutely no way they're not. They "could" be true. But, if he's going to insinuate corruption, there needs to be an investigation and he needs to back up his comments.
I did say there should be an investigation in the first sentence, and I said nearly no way. The use of the word nearly is me suggesting that while I don’t believe there is, I accept there is some level of possibility.

I suppose sitting down eating a sandwich is somewhat disrespectful when engaged in any conversation, but Wilder should be embarrassed by the way he projected self-importance. I doubt he's even aware of how his 'Premier League Manager' comment sounded
I think I'll find it it difficult to have any respect for him henceforth
Any validity to anything else he said was lost in that moment

Last edited:
I suppose sitting down eating a sandwich is somewhat disrespectful when engaged in any conversation, but Wilder should be embarrassed by the way he projected self-importance. I doubt he's even aware of how his 'Premier League Manager' comment sounded
I think I'll find it it difficult to have any respect for him henceforth
Any validity to anything else he said was lost in that moment
Not sure, in games when I've been AR and a manager has asked to come into talk about the game that discussion is with the referee, not the assistants. There have been games when I've been in the shower when the manager came in, I'm pretty sure me drying my nuts in front of him would be more disrespectful than eating a sandwich.

Not sure, in games when I've been AR and a manager has asked to come into talk about the game that discussion is with the referee, not the assistants. There have been games when I've been in the shower when the manager came in, I'm pretty sure me drying my nuts in front of him would be more disrespectful than eating a sandwich.
Yes, sitting down eating a sandwich is no biggie, although I'd hopefully avoid doing so when in discussion. Afterall, the Premier League Manager is in the elite PGMOL Match Official's private space, so the onus should be on the former to show the latter some respect on that basis

Perhaps he wanted to check the match balls ! ;)

Yes, sitting down eating a sandwich is no biggie, although I'd hopefully avoid doing so when in discussion. Afterall, the Premier League Manager is in the elite PGMOL Match Official's private space, so the onus should be on the former to show the latter some respect on that basis
If I was eating a sandwich I would stop when the conversation started, which I suspect is probably what happened anyway.

Can't even begin to think what his complaints might be after tonight's debacle 😂

Back