A&H

City vs Wolves

Nalbi

Level 4 Referee
Eventful first half so far! Still not sure what to make of either KMIs!!

The Referee Store
Ref very slow with the red. Has taken AR (1?)'s advice on the colour. Seeing it for the first time - hard to judge what my live reaction would have been - but red is OK... but I would have thought YC in this. There's a bit of ball then contact, it's lunging ankle contact but not as excessive as some and there's some control. Still describable as excessive force though... but... well...

Both completely correct for me, I can't even begin to understand why he was challenging like that.

Ref very slow with the red. Has taken AR (1?)'s advice on the colour. Seeing it for the first time - hard to judge what my live reaction would have been - but red is OK... but I would have thought YC in this. There's a bit of ball then contact, it's lunging ankle contact but not as excessive as some and there's some control. Still describable as excessive force though... but... well...
exactly, my first instinct was yellow. I didn't flinch like you usually do with you the stonewall ones. But once I've seen the highlights again, i can totally support a red and understand it. It is the excessive force with which the ankle gets tackled that i guess ticks it at the end.

And yes i believe he was surely taking in the other views as he made his way over.

but still not sold on the pen, waiting to see more replies of it. First, instinct was to wave play on, unless I missed sth

Even as a wolves fan can't argue with either, tackle by Boly is a red all day can't do that and Bennett's is a trip and a penalty. Think Pawson's been bang on and the Boly red is similar to the Jagielka one he gave in our game earlier this year in terms of the ball being won but the follow through being unacceptable.

Mr Pawson seems able not to get in the way of play. How come other EPL refs are often like an extra defender?

Mr Pawson seems able not to get in the way of play. How come other EPL refs are often like an extra defender?
Because they are all against City :)

In all seriousness, footballnis a very fast paced game at the top level, it must be difficult to not get in the way

Definite red card, full 6 studs right on the ankle and a (very slight) lunge into the challenge.

Because they are all against City :)

In all seriousness, footballnis a very fast paced game at the top level, it must be difficult to not get in the way

That's my point. He wasn't. Referees standing around the edge of the penalty area when play is coming toward them and players are looking to make a pass are simply getting in the way and cutting off options. Perhaps it is more noticeable if your team passes the ball a lot.

Back