A&H

Club marks

I think I had 3 games where it effected my club marks 1st even though I was being observed that game I gave a penalty that I shouldn't of second was when I abandoned a game after a spectator refused to leave the vacinity of the field of play 3rd was when on purpose i signalled for free kick wrong way then my Lino got called a ****ing cheat

The Referee Store
We were told by our RDO at our promotion evening they do not take club marks into consideration at 7-6 as they expect them to be inaccurate. I guess we will wait and see come March.

I think I had 3 games where it effected my club marks 1st even though I was being observed that game I gave a penalty that I shouldn't of second was when I abandoned a game after a spectator refused to leave the vacinity of the field of play 3rd was when on purpose i signalled for free kick wrong way then my Lino got called a ****ing cheat

Have you asked your league for your club marks to check specifically which games let you down?

Have you asked your league for your club marks to check specifically which games let you down?

Leagues won't, or shouldn't, give you a breakdown of marks. All they should tell you is your average, the league average, and where that leaves you in terms of the league merit table.

If they told referees which clubs had given you high / low marks that wouldn't be fair, as you might treat those teams differently the next time you referee them.

Certain teams didn't like me, they usually didn't book me, But, other teams knew this and booked me for their home games against these teams!! See, backwards logic!!!
If for one second i thought i had to adjust my game to improve my Club Mark from them then its time to go!! We don't work for them, we work for the County FA..... Vote Padfoot!! He's the future!!!

Certain teams didn't like me, they usually didn't book me, But, other teams knew this and booked me for their home games against these teams!! See, backwards logic!!!
If for one second i thought i had to adjust my game to improve my Club Mark from them then its time to go!! We don't work for them, we work for the County FA..... Vote Padfoot!! He's the future!!!
I never cared about club marks. I was only interested in football being played fairly. If that meant using the laws to punish a team who were playing unfairly so be it.

Unfortunately when they looked at the merit table my approach wasn't appreciated, so I was ranked lowly. Being a league official I could log in and check who had marked me so low. Same teams all the time, the ones with the worst disciplinary records.

They're still playing, I'm influencing football in a different way these days. Still rankles when I see a referee refereeing for club marks.

Leagues won't, or shouldn't, give you a breakdown of marks. All they should tell you is your average, the league average, and where that leaves you in terms of the league merit table.

If they told referees which clubs had given you high / low marks that wouldn't be fair, as you might treat those teams differently the next time you referee them.

Yes, I guess that makes sense!

There wasn't just me who did not get promoted but I just find it dishonest especially if clubs most times anyway don't have a clue themselves and mark you down for getting something right in law

Time to ditch club marks, most are pretty meaningless. If I'm going to be 'judged' then the least I want is a jury of my peers.......

Hows that new bathroom going on Minty, must be hard having to lift the seat up while its all still new!!!

Back