A&H

Could this 'threat' warrant a misconduct report?

Harry

Level 6 Referee
So an Under 16 game today, away team on their final warning from the league but suprinsgly no problems at all from them. Nothing really happened but had to stop a few times due to verbals between H9 and A5. Anyway into the second half and H9 let his mouth go a bit to much and he went into the book.
Now this lad is in one of the school years at where I attend Sixth form. He said to me when I cautioned him "Just remember, it's Monday tomorrow"
Nothing else until after the game when he said to me in a what was meant to be threatening tone "See you at school tomorrow, mate"

It wasn't much and it doesn't bother me as it's just an empty threat from somebody who thinks they're all it but I want to send a report in purely to make a point, would that be justifiable based on what he said?

The Referee Store
Absolutely, he was intending to intimidate and threaten you. Put in context to your county rdo and looks very bad for the player. I'd even have a word with your tutor at sixth form if it's bothering you.

If you took it as a threat then, yes. Report it.

It is a technical assault - I have reported slmilar in the past, match abandoned (mine was a player saying I'll see you after the match and that sort of nonsense) Player got a lengthy ban.

Certainly a report and I would have dismissed for the first threat, but of course it depends on how you took it. IF you saw it as a threatening statement (which it sounds it) you should have sent him home with a present from the CFA too

But yes definitely can report for that. Totally unnacceptable

Cheers guys, I'll be sending a report in along with the caution then.
Won't bring it up to anybody at the school though, as I say it'll just be an empty threat and don't see the point in potentially aggravating it, I think a report to the county will suffice

Cheers guys, I'll be sending a report in along with the caution then.
Won't bring it up to anybody at the school though, as I say it'll just be an empty threat and don't see the point in potentially aggravating it, I think a report to the county will suffice

Very sensible. Raising the issue in school would only inflame matters

Carrying on with this. A friend of mine was refereeing an u17 gsme. I happened to catch it as my gsme was called off last minute. It was a fairly dull gsme, lots of verbals. He gave a freekick against the greens for a push during a header challenge. Then a different green player spoke to him and got close to him making a pushing gesture. Now I spoke to the ref at half time and he said the green player said it wasn't a freekick a proper push is like that, hence the pushing gesture I saw. My ref mate had said to him something along the lines of "you don't want to me doing anything like that to me". Then as he walked away the green player muttered to himself, "next time I'll show you a bit more than a push."

My friend took no action but did ask me at half time what I would have done. I think I'd have been busting out a yellow for it. But as its youth football I very rarely take anything like that said too seriously.

I once had a player in an o/a game who was being ars@y because I'd pulled him up for a push. Thirty seconds later he sent an opponent flying with a push in the back......'now, that's a push' he said.

Cue caution

Haywain, just opening your "now that's a push" up... I would be interested to hear if anyone would consider that as vc as there is clear intent? I obviously don't know all the logistics of a push... But could it ever be vc?

I take your point, Gary although Intent' doesn't come into it unless you're considering handball.

In my example, the push was in the back of the opposition striker as the two players leapt for the ball. I felt that the push was borderline careless / reckless until the player commented and made my mind up for me

...and, yes, a push could be considered as violent conduct or serious foul play or simply with excessive force

Back