A&H

Course

Lillias

Level 7 Referee
Hi,

I'm booked in for the course in August and was wondering what to wear for it. I have a couple of football tops but only 1 pair of shorts. Do you think leggings would be appropriate? Also do we need to wear boots and shin pads for the course?

Many thanks in advance ☺

The Referee Store
Hi,

I'm booked in for the course in August and was wondering what to wear for it. I have a couple of football tops but only 1 pair of shorts. Do you think leggings would be appropriate? Also do we need to wear boots and shin pads for the course?

Many thanks in advance ☺
I doubt you’ll need shin pads.
I am guessing that the first part will be theory based, but I’d go in a tracksuit and trainers in case.
If in doubt, I’d email the course coordinator.

t

Hi,

Many thanks in advance ☺
You should get a set of joining instructions from your County FA, which will include Covid measures, food and drink, clothing for indoor and outdoor sessions, etc.
If you don't hear 4 or 5 days before the first session please call the RDO to ask.
Footwear will depend on the playing surface, which may be 3G or grass. Leggings are fine, especially if the weather is unkind.
Enjoy the course!

Leggings?

This has been my best trip to the forum in ages!

To be fair, asking about wearing shin padd is exactly the kind if thing I’d do.

Good luck with the course!

We were asked to were shinnies, hardly anyone did and there were no problems. The matches were very gentle, I guess insurance might be a problem if someone gets taken out.

Good luck and hope you enjoy it, mine was in June and was brilliant if a little short

yeah we 'played' some football on my course, acting out scenarios etc, so shin pads arent a crazy question but i doubt anyone is going to go out to kick you!

i'd suggest normal comfortable sports / gym gear depending on the weather would be fine

Back