A&H

Curious game

SM

The avuncular one
Have you ever had one of those games where at the end of it you have no real idea if you have had a good game or a bad game?

Both teams were gits throughout, from the first minute. Captains warned that my patience for their nonsense was gone after 15 minutes and then I lived up to my promise to them and rained 7 cautions down on them like confetti over the rest of the half.

Calmed to a degree in the second half with only one further caution. But, lots of niggles especially when my back was turned. Captains called in again and told that I was approaching the point of walking away if there was anymore nonsense off the ball/behind my back. It settled. Game finished normally after 90 minutes. Neither team particularly happy at the end although the winning team obviously more sporting.

I was told that the spectators thought it was a good game to watch, despite the teams unhappiness. Good for them. I certainly didn't enjoy the experience.

The Referee Store
Had very similar a couple of weeks back funnily enough although less cautions.

One of them where dissent is way over normal level but you don't feel you've put a foot wrong. Players will argue at anything and everything it seems.

I would honestly have given myself a score of 90%+ last week but listening to players you'd think id had a worse game than a certain arrogant English official in Stuttgart.

Reactions: SM
Had the same last season in a Div One game, ended up with ten yellows. That's the most I've ever had in one game, they just kept taking the p*ss.

I find that if I'm questioning anything it's not a good sign. I know and am expecting that sort of game on sat between first and second in my local premium division. I'll look to bung a couple of cautions in before the ten minute mark.

Back