A&H

Dangerous tackle?

JamesG

Level 5 Referee
Other day in my game ball broke into centre of park. Red centre mid goes towards ball with studs showing but no opponent close by and slides along park to win ball. He wins ball and his momentum slides his forward. Meanwhile an opponent arrives very late, maybe full second after ball is played and goes over the centre mid who is sliding along ground.

Cue blue team going bananas, I didn't even award a FK never mind anything else. My explanation was at the time the tackle was made red centre mid was in time space and yes studs were showing but it was always his ball and studs were at the ball not an opponent. I couldn't believe the opponent actually entered into some sort of challenge as he was no where near winning ball.

On AR was unsure about it, the other AR said exactly what I was thought about the challenge, I.e not dangerous opponent very late etc.

Thoughts?

The Referee Store
I'd say correct if he no where near ball then no need for fk or pk and even red card so well done

This seems one of those incidents where you have to be there to see it - personally; from your description they sound like very poor level players.

Yeah spot on, if theres no-one in the vicinity then its not dangerous like high foot if theres no-one there its not dangerous. Well in my opinion anyways

If nobody is near it, how can it be dangerous? The fact that someone arrives later raises a separate question: was that player in danger of being hit with the sliding player's studs or not? If not, then nothing dangerous there at all.

Back