A&H

De Gea in black!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2447
  • Start date
The Referee Store
Lee mason in black tonight at Palace with Watford gk in black

Agree with above, I be surprised and indeed amused to see him leap up at a corner and clutch the ball out of the air

If we're being silly, I'd be amazed and amused if a top level official got confused by half an inch of sock tape or undershirt.

PL are just ignoring laws of the game - fact - you can try to justify it by saying its not relevant but its still incorrect in law.

How that has anything to do with my concentration level at my games I have no idea!

You need to understand the Premiership is an industry, keep it seperate from your thinking as to the LOTG

Trying to be polite, but I really don't understand that at all!

ALL professional clubs are limited companies eg 'industry' - so they can choose to ignore the laws of the game their industry is based on?

You can keep (attempting) to justify them ignoring the laws but that doesn't change the fact that they do.

Again, I really don't see how it affects my games.

it does not affect YOUR game if De gea wears black

I know! It was you who told me to concentrate on my games - which I do!

However its like dissent in that examples of laws being ignored at top levels are difficult to justify when you're doing your best to enforce them at a lower level.

I won't be using any of the 'excuses' above to justify myself, that's for sure.

Trying to be polite, but I really don't understand that at all!

ALL professional clubs are limited companies eg 'industry' - so they can choose to ignore the laws of the game their industry is based on?

You can keep (attempting) to justify them ignoring the laws but that doesn't change the fact that they do.

Again, I really don't see how it affects my games.

Like it or not football at the top level is ruled by money. If Man Utd's kit supplier and / or sponsor says De Gea is wearing black then he is wearing black. Not saying it is right, but it is fact.

That said, if I was observing on a grass roots game I wouldn't be overly bothered if either keeper was in black. I'd like to see that the referee made efforts to deal with it, but if there is no option then I'm not going to make him down for it. I want to see how good a referee he is, not how hung up he gets on a keeper wearing black.

Its also the run up to Xmas remember, Utd have shirts to sell.
I recall few years back Celtic registered their new kits with the powers that be, the goalkeeper choices were black, or yellow. (bear in mind you wont see much blue on a Celtic shirt). The referee colours that season (and the clubs had been informed of such before the launch), were, black, yellow or blue. Should someone have been strong enough to say, sorry Celtic, you will need to have a 3rd or a change your 2 keeper jerseys? Even before you think of the ref now being forced to wear blue, you then have Celtic v St Johnston, Rangers,etc. Its the LOTG yes but nothing in life is perfect.

Back