A&H

Defacing Penalty Mark

Darius

RefChat Addict
Yesterday morning have a penalty, and the other CB is digging up Penalty mark with boot. Wasn't 100% certain it was an act of skulduggery as marking wasn't superb.

'Why have you just done that?'
'Why not?'
'Come back.....'

That cleared that one up for me!

The Referee Store
Yesterday morning have a penalty, and the other CB is digging up Penalty mark with boot. Wasn't 100% certain it was an act of skulduggery as marking wasn't superb.

'Why have you just done that?'
'Why not?'
'Come back.....'

That cleared that one up for me!
Did you caution?

Good one. Reminds me of a stunt I pulled this summer.

Counter attack by the white team brings the play into the box. I keep up with it but many players get cought in the action and a blue defender takes down a white attacker with a nasty challenge. Everyone surrounds me and I lose track of who made the challenge and deserves a yellow card.

Now this is where I take the gamble. I back out and shout loud and clear "get over here", and this motion with my head.
Blue defender comes to me and tries this "I got the ball" thing we all have heard. Yellow card for you my friend.

Now I imagine I would have looked quite silly if no one would have answered my call as I had no idea who I was addressing :)

Just before the second half commenced in a supply league game whilst making my way back to me junior line I spot the keeper about to scrape his boot across the line to mark the centre of the penalty box.

Being a helpful chap I suggested he didn't follow through with his action, explaining the referee and his team were the only ones able to mark the pitch. He denied such a law existed suggesting I was being busy and playing up for the observer (there wasn't one). My response was to was to confirm the law and suggest he could test it if he wanted to go ahead. Just at that moment the groundsman wandered past and was able to put him back in his box. I didn't hear a peep from him throughout the remaining 45.

Back