A&H

Delph red card

The Referee Store
Bang on, even as a City fan I called it. Delphi keeps on doing these sorts of tackles, absolutely disgusting

Disgusting tackle. Ref made the mistake of looking away too soon - excellent job by the AR, exactly what he should be doing there.

Disgusting tackle from a detestable player

I'm a city fan and that tackle yesterday was a red card and we'll done to the AR for seeing it and MD for taking his advice straight away and going for the red without hesitation.

However, to suggest Delph is a detestable player is odd. I can think of two bad tackle in his City career

Disgusting tackle. Ref made the mistake of looking away too soon - excellent job by the AR, exactly what he should be doing there.

I dont class this as a refere mistake, its officials working as a team, in a perfect world the ref see's it but at that level, Dean should be able to follow the ball, knowing his AR/4th will catch the late stuff
Not sure even if Dean had focussed more on Delph he would have got the full picture anyway,
Good team work, Calm and tidy by them all too.

This is the perfect challenge to demonstrate that you can get the ball and still commit a challenge using excessive force. Great teamwork by the officials!

Tbh be careful the above is not a hoax...as i have pretended to be married before....
Quite a few pretend not to be married too!!! ;)
Back to the OP, from different angles it looks worse or not so bad, not sure MDs exact view but the Lino didn't miss it!! Looked pretty textbook, well schooled in Leeds it seems!!

Excellent assisting by AR. MD somehow missed it. Delph knew exactly what he was doing.

https://footy11.matchat.online/player/html/Q3nucNLHR0

7:10 on the vid
Pity neither of them was bothered about the off the ground "tackle" on Danilo that led to the Leicester equaliser.

Anyway can anyone explain why, at a time when ARs seem to be waiting till attacker touches the ball to signal offside, Aguero was given offside early on when nowhere near the ball?

Pity neither of them was bothered about the off the ground "tackle" on Danilo that led to the Leicester equaliser.

Anyway can anyone explain why, at a time when ARs seem to be waiting till attacker touches the ball to signal offside, Aguero was given offside early on when nowhere near the ball?

Yep. Because all referees and ARs are against Man City. Any other questions? :)

if anyone is waiting till the ball is touched before signalling offside they are incorrect, so that's that theory shattered !

Yes, no such posts all season then they lose 2 games in a row and the posts reappear ! Co-incidence???? or just skullduggary?!
Don't mind that. I just like firing back at sarcasm with sarcasm :)

@bloovee , I do agree with you though on one account, I thought the tackle on Danilo was a foul.

if anyone is waiting till the ball is touched before signalling offside they are incorrect, so that's that theory shattered !
I can only think you don't watch much of the EPL because there are lots of ARs in the EPL waiting and thus "being incorrect" - which is what made the Aguero incident so odd. If you'd seen it you'd know that Aguero did nothing to meet the offside criteria.

I can only think you don't watch much of the EPL because there are lots of ARs in the EPL waiting and thus "being incorrect" - which is what made the Aguero incident so odd. If you'd seen it you'd know that Aguero did nothing to meet the offside criteria.

I dont see a lot no, only whatever clips are on here and a rare Utd match if I watch it live.
LOTG tell you what's correct for offside, as am sure you know, and touching the ball etc is but one consideration...so yes its incorrect to say a player must touch the ball to be flagged offside

there was a wrong offside in the Utd game yesterday, prob around 75 mins, v Rashford, but seeing as they won, nobody cares
to balance that, the free kick that led to the corner that Utd scored the 1st goal from was not a foul, Mr Moss dupped into diving it, one of the few calls he had to make yesterday and could not even get that right.

Arsenals one last night was far more interesting...

Last edited:
However, to suggest Delph is a detestable player is odd. I can think of two bad tackle in his City career
Just my opinion of him from watching the City documentary on amazon, can't open his mouth without the f-word coming out, amongst other things.

Back