A&H

Open Age Disciplinary Hearing

volt177

Also 3W
Level 5 Referee
Hi all,
I've dealt with my fair share of match incidents before but have been requested to attend my first club disciplinary hearing.
Long-story short, a mass-con brawl led to abandonment.
There are a few disputes in my report from the involved players so it is going to a hearing,
Could anybody help me to figure what can I expect from this, and how yours (if you have had one prior) have gone procedurally?

The Referee Store
main advice is to not change anything from your report, don't add/remove/embellish etc so read it through before hand.

at the end of the day all you are is a witness for the CFA in the case

main advice is to not change anything from your report, don't add/remove/embellish etc so read it through before hand.

at the end of the day all you are is a witness for the CFA in the case
The only thing that may be asked of you, which you may not already included in your report, is "How far away from the incident where you?".

Everything else is "as detailed in my report". The club has been charged based on your report so if you change your report the club will argue that it was wrong and they have been incorrectly charged. As ES1 says, you are the witness for the CFA; and for the club to win, they have to prove that your report is wrong. Any players / club officials they bring and speak will try and discredit the report; but the CFA members are wise to this and normally the players give information which ruins their own argument - which is great to see / hear.

Hi all,
I've dealt with my fair share of match incidents before but have been requested to attend my first club disciplinary hearing.
Long-story short, a mass-con brawl led to abandonment.
There are a few disputes in my report from the involved players so it is going to a hearing,
Could anybody help me to figure what can I expect from this, and how yours (if you have had one prior) have gone procedurally?
As the others have said, just remember that you are not the one being charged. No changes to your report if you're asked.

The club will try and tell a different tale of events, but they normally end up contradicting one another.

Will almost certainly be on Zoom or Teams if in England.
The club can only ask you questions via the commission chair, so don't answer until that person invites an answer from you.
Be prepared to hear lots of half truths from the club members.
Have your report in front of you throughout the hearing, and add nothing to it other than having been close and with an uninterrupted view of the incident.
Whatever the outcome, you have done your job, and it's now up to the commission members to do theirs.

Thanks for all of the responses. I am in England, and have been told it is online.
Are all parties (players etc) present at one time whilst evidence/reports and whatnot are being discussed?

Back