A&H

Dissent ar higher levels

alexv

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
Why do professionals get away with dissent so often? Every time I watch a game, I see pro players get away with dissent and even OFFINABUS. As referees we’re told not to take anything like that, yet it’s rare pros ever get booked for dissent and sent off for offensive language.

The Referee Store
good point ...and you often see pros wearing earings and different colours on their socks !!!
You see in almost all pro games instances like that when you think ‘if someone said that/acted like that to me I’d send them off’ on a Sunday league pitch or semi-pro

Well, since the Irish FA (FAI) was formed in 1921, I am guessing that the centenary mentioned on the shirt (1916 - 2016) must actually refer to a non football occasion. I am guessing it's a reference to the 1916 Easter Rising, which would make this a political statement and against FIFA rules?

Well, since the Irish FA (FAI) was formed in 1921, I am guessing that the centenary mentioned on the shirt (1916 - 2016) must actually refer to a non football occasion. I am guessing it's a reference to the 1916 Easter Rising, which would make this a political statement and against FIFA rules?
Spot on Gangalin

You have to hang your b0llocks up and leave them in the changing room!! Shame really as they set a poor stall out in accepting it!

Why do professionals get away with dissent so often? Every time I watch a game, I see pro players get away with dissent and even OFFINABUS. As referees we’re told not to take anything like that, yet it’s rare pros ever get booked for dissent and sent off for offensive language.
Top tier referees present an entertainment package. Grassroots referees actually apply the LOTG.

It's an absurd corruption of the sport - doesn't happen in any other game (except maybe tennis).

And it ties in with all this nonsense about 'managing the game'.

Which makes it tricky, because progressing to higher levels seems to require doing the exact opposite of everything you're taught to do when you start!

"Grassroots referees actually apply the LOTG". yes. We try to but when players are watching MOTD days and live games. They see pros getting away with a lot of back chat to the referee.

No doubt. I often argue that Football can, and should, have the same zero tolerance to abuse and dissent that most sports have - all it takes it will, but it can only occur at the higher levels.

Why the pro leagues think that the image of the sport is protected by players constantly delaying the game by mobbing the referee is beyond me.

Back