A&H

Dutch Referee Blog - Referees in the media (week 47)

‘Referees in the media’ will be published at the beginning of the week on the Dutch Referee Blog and provides remarkable or interesting quotes and links to articles worth reading.
“The look on their face is priceless when I appear in my referee uniform.”​
Barry Cook becomes a Scottish top class referee instead of goalie on high level. Worth reading monologue from Cook.
“So I used to do the lines and slowly I got a passion for refereeing.”​
Mohammed Salim was named as one of the best referees of Fiji.
“We’ll definately go talk with the father and we send an apology letter to the referee.”​
A member of a Dutch sports club after a parent of his club scared a 12-year-old referee off, so that he left the pitch and went crying to the dressing rooms.
“It is quite possible that football takes example of handball. The Handball Association in Germany prohibits players, coaches and officials since the beginning of this season to comment on the referee’s performance in the 48 hours after a game.”​
A journalist of German newspaper Die Welt after the incident with Babak Rafati, who tried to kill himself before Saturday’s matches. He also states that although the action has personal grounds, people should be more aware of how to deal with referees.
“For each referee a psychologist”​
A plea from Belgian former referee Jef Brouwers, who’s also a psychologist and referee mentor.

Continue reading...

The Referee Store
Back