A&H

Eden Hazard - Discuss???

MattyL7

Level 7 Referee
Hey guys

Need to get this off my chest. Need your thoughts on this.

I am disgusted with the people that are trying to justify Eden Hazard's actions tonight!

I understand that Chelsea are losing and the ball boy is time wasting but YOU CAN'T KICK A KID!

I hope Hazard gets a lengthy ban for this.

Well done to Chris Foy, whatever the commentator says IMO blatent RC!

On a lighter note, is it violent conduct or serious foul play?

He was challenging for the ball? hehe :)

Your views?

The Referee Store
Clear red card for violent conduct.

However, Mr. Foy should also be reporting the club for misconduct of their staff/volunteers. Such persons are permitted to be beside the field of play as they have an identified duty to do for the benefit of the game. In this instance, the boy has clearly not done his job, and in actual fact has done the opposite of his job. I have no sympathy for the boy considering thousands of kids would give their right arm to be in his position. The incident has been sparked by petulant conduct which has meant an outside agent employed with the home club has effected the game, and therefore the club should be reported.

Impossible to defend Hazard though, and he probably will receive a ban longer than the traditional length and perhaps an enlarged fine.

As being a ball boy in my younger years (league 1 club), the message would have been from Swansea to the ball boys, "if we are winning take your time, if losing be as quick as you can."

They consider it part of the "home team advantage".

Yes the boy took it a bit too far.

All Hazard has to do is speak to the referee and he adds on the time.

Hopefully we can draw a line under this now, its an FA issue now.

Clearly needed to go; violent conduct all the way regardless of the bad behaviour of the ball boy.

Hey guys

Need to get this off my chest. Need your thoughts on this.

I am disgusted with the people that are trying to justify Eden Hazard's actions tonight!

I understand that Chelsea are losing and the ball boy is time wasting but YOU CAN'T KICK A KID!

I hope Hazard gets a lengthy ban for this.

Well done to Chris Foy, whatever the commentator says IMO blatent RC!

On a lighter note, is it violent conduct or serious foul play?

He was challenging for the ball? hehe :)

Your views?

Hi Matty it cannot be SFP because it was not a part of play ;)

As being a ball boy in my younger years (league 1 club), the message would have been from Swansea to the ball boys, "if we are winning take your time, if losing be as quick as you can."

They consider it part of the "home team advantage".

Yes the boy took it a bit too far.

All Hazard has to do is speak to the referee and he adds on the time.

Hopefully we can draw a line under this now, its an FA issue now.

I don't even think that the ref needs to speak to the referee, it is obvious that there would be a delay.

In all honesty, the matter looks like its blown over.

The 2 people concerned have made up with each other. The FA aren't treating it any more seriously than a normal VC case, the boy and his family have dropped any charges, police are no longer involved. I think now the less said about it the better.

The most important thing should be to congratulate Swansea City on their victory and reaching the cup final.

In all honesty, the matter looks like its blown over.

The 2 people concerned have made up with each other. The FA aren't treating it any more seriously than a normal VC case.

Afraid not Xman, the FA have released this : "It is alleged that Hazard's behaviour in relation to a Swansea ball boy, for which the player was dismissed in the 78th minute, constituted violent conduct whereby the standard punishment that would otherwise apply was clearly insufficient."

He faces a longer ban. What are people's thoughts?

Well. 2 Wrongs do not make a right. The ball boy was out of order but so was Hazard, I don't think a longer ban is really needed, 5 games at most I'd say

Back