A&H

Egypt vs Uruguay

JH

RefChat Addict
BJORN KUIPERS (NED)
Sander van Roekel and Erwin Zeinstra (NED)
Fourth Official: Milorad Mažić (SRB)
Fifth Official: Milovan Ristić (SRB)
VAR: Danny Makkelie (NED)
AVAR1: Pawel Gil (POL)
AVAR 2: Cyril Gringore (FRA)
AVAR 3: Clément Turpin (FRA)

The Referee Store
Lets hope Suarez behaves and he doesn't have any of his centre of attention antics!

Could be dark horses these!!!

Just seen VAR team in full kit - seems silly to me. 4th (usually) wears some sort of jacket and often pants, so why would VAR be in full kit knowing they won't be getting on the pitch?

Edit: My bad, didn't see the pants. Still don't like the ref match shirt being worn.

Clear dive, waved away but no card? It seems when it's not in the penalty area it rarely gets a card - which is wrong.

I think we are all guilty of not punishing simulation outside the box with a card, esp early on and when it would be your first card of the game
Not saying its right but, I find we are willing to let them have dive for free

Surely not Jonathan Pearce tellling us the balls in the net?

He did that at the last world cup and never realised it had been chalked off until he was on the plane home!

"If you don't see assistants flagging, don't be surprised. They've been told not to flag by FIFA and to leave tight offsides to VAR"

Was the attacker already active? Was the tackle reckless?

I think the offside decision is correct as the tackle was at about the same time the attacker became active. However, at my level, I am at least stopping the game to warn the defender - and of course, YC if it was reckless. Hard to tell with no replay...

He challenged an opponent (by going shoulder to shoulder with him) before he was tackled. Offside is without a doubt the correct decision.

Back