A&H

England U19s to replay end of qualifier after refereeing error

The Referee Store
Indeed, but I do believe it HAS happened before at a fairly high level.

It happened in 2005 -a World Cup qualifier - Uzbekistan vs Bahrain. That time it was FIFA who ordered the whole match to be replayed, for the same reason over a penatly encroachment restart being wrongly given!

Oppsie - brain fart moment. As well as we know the LOTG, this sort of craziness happens from time to time due to pressure/tiredness.

Let's pray to the football God it nevers happens to one of us. Hands together...

Dear Christiano ronaldo...

Reactions: CA
Surely this situation is setting a precedent for any game where a referee makes a mistake in law during a game ?

The Beachball at Anfield springs to mind !

Was that law ? Or Interpretation of law ?

Doesnt sit well with me .

what a complete farce

Football, played by numpties, managed by numpties, refereed by angels

Oh my lordy !!!! Just watched the clip ...there was no encroachment .....and from the view watching the clip there was no penalty either ?

Is it possible the Ref realised she got one wrong and tried to make things right by doing something very wrong ?

We are talking about Fifa officials here , not your Sunday League boys and girls .

Bet she is gutted ,i feel the pain !

It does rather set a precedent.......replay the game from the point at which the error in law was made........

Does the replay itself fall foul of the laws? I thought a game had to be two halves of equal length (and whilst the length of the halves can be changed, they must remain equal) - therefore just replaying a few minutes after the restart is incorrect?

Just wait until Morinho gets an offside goal awarded against Chelsea.
While this is justified, it's the thin end of a big wedge.

Coming into the summer and people going for long fancy dress walks in orange, and other people in different green and white fancy dress stopping the Orange fancy dressers going for a walk, this penalty will seem like the most sensible thing ever - why they chose to do it in North Belfast.

Top left hand corner as we look onthe video.
Well Mr @Tealeaf if that is classed as encroachment then we will be retaking every penalty in every league at least twice in every game across the country it was 1 step in and then 1 step back out !!!! :eek: "and thats what its all about " "HEY" :D

Back