A&H
The Referee Store
I find a gauge useful, especially these days with the new "soft touch" balls. They can sometimes feel under inflated, but in reality this is just because of the padding around the ball.

This is very true. I had a team give me one of the balls that teams use on the football league. I did the check with my hands and thought this doesn't feel like it's got enough air in...... I got my gauge out and it was nearly 18PSI :eek: Needless to say I let some air out of it.

@RefJef :eek::eek: surely not! that must have, almost definitely, affected your match control!! :p:D;)

I have a pump, Sondico - Sports Direct - £3.50 ... haven't as yet got a gauge, but I'm sure the players will soon let me know 30 seconds in if its too flat or too hard ... I did have a gauge but it got sucked into the mystery hiding place that is my home! :wall:

as for the shinpad sleeves - they are tidy inventions - if you have nice big calves like me :D - I only put tape around the sock under my knee, then fold the top over just so the sock doesn't slide down when playing - nobody cares what colour it is then! and Ive never had a ref mention it when 30 minutes in my sock rolls up a little and exposes the tape

Personally, in my bag not including uniform, I have 7 whistles (different colours to match my tops sorry poser!), three match wallets, three sets of cards and a cheap set I give away sometimes to players children (they love it showing the cards), pump, gauge, various coins, match sheets, league cards, about a dozen or so pens/pencils, tape different colours, sock ties, two pairs of shin guards, two sets of flags, deep heat spray and small first aid kit! haven't managed to squeeze a pair of gloves in yet but I have most eventualities covered!

I just carry them, have arrived a few times for youth, ladies and open age games and a player hasn't had them so rather than them not playing I just threw a few pairs in my bag, you can pick them up dirty cheap and players/managers/parents always very grateful.

Back