A&H

Everton - Forest

The Referee Store
I’m really surprised the third wasn’t given as a penalty.Looks a nailed on penalty and with AT giving a big ‘won the ball’ gesture I’m surprised it’s not given as a clear and obvious error.

Accusing the VAR of bias though, totally unacceptable. These are paid professionals with careers on the line

Be interesting too see who wrote the tweet because it must be someone quite high up if they are suggesting they are considering options although goodness know what they can do?

Points deductions should come in here. In effect they have openly accused both the match officials and PGMOL of corruption, they cannot be allowed to get away with that without a very serious sanction.

Of course not but yet again PGMOL really don't help themselves with the appointments. Save any potential doubt and don't put a Luton town supporter(I had to double check too see if he was an Luton fan and it seems like he is) on a game that involves relegation rivals.

They've brought the sport into disrepute with that tweet. The Premier League and the FA need to issue an immediate condemnation.

Of course not but yet again PGMOL really don't help themselves with the appointments. Save any potential doubt and don't put a Luton town supporter(I had to double check too see if he was an Luton fan and it seems like he is) on a game that involves relegation rivals.

First of all the statement from Forest is inappropriate. But what in the hell is PGMOL thinking here? You have 16th vs 17th and you assign as VAR a supporter of 18th? Why would you even put Attwell in that position to be attacked? This guy is probably going to be the VAR of the CL final next month and be Taylor's VAR in the Euros.

Really poor by Forest. Agreed would love to see them get a points deduction (won't happen) but a hefty fine will do nicely.

HOWEVER

What are the PGMOL doing appointing a Luton fan to a game involving Luton? (corrected) when the result directly impacts Luton's place in the PL. Bias or no bias, foul or no foul, they've given Forest all the ammunition they need to pursue a case and if this was to go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, I imagine their appeal will be upheld on this basis.

Last edited:
Really poor by Forest. Agreed would love to see them get a points deduction (won't happen) but a hefty fine will do nicely.

HOWEVER

What are the PGMOL doing appointing a Luton fan to a game involving Luton? Bias or no bias, foul or no foul, they've given Forest all the ammunition they need to pursue a case and if this was to go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, I imagine their appeal will be upheld on this basis.
Luton were not involved, they were playing Everton!

PGMOL should have thought about that appointment in more detail by the looks of it. HOWEVER, that does not excuse what Forest have said. As a PL club, they should be setting an example and respecting match officials. Coming out with things like that guarantees next weekend someone at grassroots level will be accused of cheating. Disgraceful.

Was fairly sure Attwell was an Aston Villa fan. He's originally from Nuneaton, Warwickshire

Nothing much will happen. It's great for football. Controversy keeps the lights on at SkySports and 'TalkTopSix'. Revenue generating
Can't do a points deduction... would take 12 months and 120 Lawyers to resolve

I think Neville makes a great point regarding Clattenburg resigning over this. It will be interesting too see if he does or not but the fact the tweet has not been deleted as of yet(and these things usually do if the club does not want to be associated with it) suggests even more it's came from the very top of the club and not just some angry Forest supporter doing the clubs tweets.

Was fairly sure Attwell was an Aston Villa fan. He's originally from Nuneaton, Warwickshire
He's certainly from Nuneaton, which would make potentially being a Luton fan a little less likely, although certainly not impossible. I don't feel like he does support Luton because he's previously refereed a couple of Watford games and as far as I'm aware there's a fairly strong rivalry there?

Back