A&H

FA Youth Cup

Tino Best

RefChat Addict
Level 6 Referee
Just received an email today from the FA saying my county has nominated me for FA youth cup games. Well chuffed. I went up for nomination because there was no reason not to but I didn't think I was going to get it. Not going for promotion, a card happy level 7 ref and not in the academy so was very surprised to get the email. Just about to get my head around MOAS now. Very happy and excited.

The Referee Store
Just received an email today from the FA saying my county has nominated me for FA youth cup games. Well chuffed. I went up for nomination because there was no reason not to but I didn't think I was going to get it. Not going for promotion, a card happy level 7 ref and not in the academy so was very surprised to get the email. Just about to get my head around MOAS now. Very happy and excited.
Well done Tina ;), remember, its about Ability and not Availability!!! That was half my problem!!! :stop:

Sounds exciting. How did you put yourself forward for nomination?

Got the same email as well 👍 Didn’t put myself forward for nomination or promotion so this came out of the blue! Never even knew it was a thing until today

Sounds exciting. How did you put yourself forward for nomination?

Got an email asking the refs in our county to apply and then there must have been a selection process at my county FA who then nominated the refs to the National FA.

remember, its about Ability and not Availability!!!
Never been assesed not even watched during my first 5 games so they have no idea about my ability. I give cards out at youth level so probably get bad club marks but none bad enough for a chat with my RDO.

Got an email asking the refs in our county to apply and then there must have been a selection process at my county FA who then nominated the refs to the National FA.

Never been assesed not even watched during my first 5 games so they have no idea about my ability. I give cards out at youth level so probably get bad club marks but none bad enough for a chat with my RDO.
Dont worry about it Tina, I did over 500 games and never got assessed. I was kin useless apparently :cool: That rubbish I had 3-4 requests for every weekend date... I was the wrong age with little patience for the hierarchy bollicks!!!

I thought my age would go against me, our FA like the young kids, but more importantly the fact that I am happy to try and be the best level 7 ref I can be means that I have no interest in promotion. My contribution to their Xmas do must have been more than I thought:)

I thought my age would go against me, our FA like the young kids, but more importantly the fact that I am happy to try and be the best level 7 ref I can be means that I have no interest in promotion. My contribution to their Xmas do must have been more than I thought:)
I've seen a few of the local young refs with all the kit and kabooble bragging to me on which level they are and how many games they do a week!
The couldn't run a bath in controlling an OA game, how they ever achieved promotion is beyond me!!! I would fear them on a Kingergarden league!!!

I could have danced a non League game but would never have had the time of the inclination to go through all the other stuff that comes with it!!

In Birmingham FA selection for FA competitions is certainly not based on ability, age or availability. There's two referees who get appointed appointed on the lines to the early rounds of the FA Cup, FA Vase, FA Youth Cup etc every year and only accept around 10% of their appointments. One is youngish and the other a 50 year old fat bloke.
Last year one of them wasn't even registered as a referee, and was living out of the area but he still got 5 FA appointments!

Last year one of them wasn't even registered as a referee, and was living out of the area but he still got 5 FA appointments!

Are you really sure about that? It seems highly unlikely. A. to appoint an unregistered referee and B. to be given FIVE FA appointments.

Are you really sure about that? It seems highly unlikely. A. to appoint an unregistered referee and B. to be given FIVE FA appointments.

Yes, although I think some of the early rounds appointments for some FA competitions may actually be made by the County FA and are just confirmed by The FA.

i was nominated by my county for these appointments for a couple of seasons before making it to 4, never once got appointed to a game mind

Yes, although I think some of the early rounds appointments for some FA competitions may actually be made by the County FA and are just confirmed by The FA.

That's correct, early rounds are all done by County. I just find it very far fetched that a county would appoint an un-registered referee to any game, let alone an FA competition.

I’ve had the same email off of the FA, but I’m going to 5, plus had an FA Sunday Cup 3rd around appointment last season, so that probably has something to do with it...

I was on an extra-preliminary round game this weekend as an assistant. Great experience an a great opportunity to learn off a higher level referee

Is this the same as the youth alliance cup? I’ve got one next week and can not find the rules (or fees) anywhere! I’m in the middle, game through MOAS

Is this the same as the youth alliance cup? I’ve got one next week and can not find the rules (or fees) anywhere! I’m in the middle, game through MOAS

it's not the same thing, i've had youth alliance league fixtures in the past...are you a level 4? I have last years handbook but nothing for this year yet

Gemma Grimmett sent it out earlier this month.

Early section of Northern League cup is played in a mini-league. Southern is played straight knockout, pens after 90 minutes.

The following fees are applicable for season 2018/19:

Referees £45
Assistant Referees £30 (and 4th official where appointed)
Match officials required to officiate at matches scheduled for midweek afternoons
(excluding Bank Holidays) shall also be paid an additional fee of £20 each.

Gemma Grimmett sent it out earlier this month.

Early section of Northern League cup is played in a mini-league. Southern is played straight knockout, pens after 90 minutes.

The following fees are applicable for season 2018/19:

Referees £45
Assistant Referees £30 (and 4th official where appointed)
Match officials required to officiate at matches scheduled for midweek afternoons
(excluding Bank Holidays) shall also be paid an additional fee of £20 each.

Cheers mate, does a 12noon kickoff time mean we get the extra £20? Don’t want to be charging them incorrectly

Back