A&H

Fergie At It Again!

MattyL7

Level 7 Referee
Hey guys

I don't know about you but I am really getting annoyed with Sir Alex. Insulting referees or assistants every week.

It seems every week he comes out in his interview and has a go at the officials.

Granted this week he had good reason!

But for him to say that the AR intentionally ignored the penalty ("We have had problems with him before.") I think is not right.

I hope he gets an FA punishment, what do you guys think?

Matty

The Referee Store
Firstly, why did he have good reason?? It wasn't a penalty on Rooney.

Secondly, he's up for another FA charge, so yes, he will be punished.

Firstly, why did he have good reason?? It wasn't a penalty on Rooney.

Caulker comes into him at shoulder level, IMO Rooney at about 12-14 stone quite low center of gravity would easily be able to stand up to it but decided to hit the deck but again some would give that and that's were the inconsistency comes from.

Also noticed he didn't say anything about Kagawa holding a Tottenham players shirt in the box

Fergie needs a big fine and big touchline ban, he's starting to annoy me now.

Kagawa was brilliant in Germany but he seems to have had it taken out of him, he's lacking the creativity and bursts of energy he showed in Germany whereas someone like Eden Hazard has continued what he did in France over here and now he's making a name for himself.
Also Kagawa has had a few injuries again i think they've taken it out of him.

Have to say IMO it was a penalty, I agree that if it was shoulder to shoulder Rooney could have stayed up.

But even if he wanted to, Caulker's leg tripping him up didn't help.

The incident is not in question, Sir Alex's reaction is the talking point.

A fine won't even be felt, the pockets are that deep - ban him from the club for a year, then he might retire

Have to say IMO it was a penalty, I agree that if it was shoulder to shoulder Rooney could have stayed up.

But even if he wanted to, Caulker's leg tripping him up didn't help.

watched it back from AR angle and yes it's definitely a pen. sorry my bad :)

A touchline ban should be given.

By this I don't mean the FA touchline ban where the manager can sit 4 rows back!

I mean a UEFA touchline ban, like we see in european competitions. This means from the time the team arrives at the ground the manager can have NO CONTACT with the team untill after the final whistle.

You notice not as much moaning about officials in those competitions?

Back