A&H

FIFA Fitness Test

micky2001

At training the other night we all did the FIFA fitness test. 6X40m sprints in 6 seconds and then the 10 laps of the 400m split into 150m then 50m with 30 secs in each section and I managed to do it, being just 10 seconds off the pace by the time we got to the final lap.

I was with a lot of Cat1 referees doing it and they were really helpful in getting me to the finish line after I thought of bailing after 5 laps.

Has anyone else did this test?

The Referee Store
This is the fitness test used in wales now, albeit 150 in 35, 50 in 40 with 16 reps (8 laps) at the lower levels. It is more like the above for the welsh prem refs.

We were doing the quick sections in around 30 seconds. I wouldn't say it was easy, because I was glad it was finished, but it was okay

This is the fitness test used in wales now, albeit 150 in 35, 50 in 40 with 16 reps (8 laps) at the lower levels. It is more like the above for the welsh prem refs.

We were doing the quick sections in around 30 seconds. I wouldn't say it was easy, because I was glad it was finished, but it was okay
I certainly felt like s**t at the end of it! Although I had refed 2 games the day before on rather big pitches so was a bit knackered, but otherwise no issues. Welsh Prem boys also have to do the dreaded YoYo test.

What was your rest/recovery time? I practice it at 30/40 intervals and it's a bit of a challenge but definitely interesting.

For the FIFA ones it's 30/30 as far as im aware but the top categories in each league e.g. Barclays Premier League like Phil Dowd or Chris Foy do 30/35. That's what we were told anyway

For the FIFA ones it's 30/30 as far as im aware but the top categories in each league e.g. Barclays Premier League like Phil Dowd or Chris Foy do 30/35. That's what we were told anyway

Hmmmm... Might need to do my research again. Could have sworn I heard it was 30/35 for the top level.

Anyways here is why this test is useful.

Well, by enjoy I mean "it's not as bad as the old one and does a much better job simulating in-game fitness requirements."

We had to do the cooper run in PE last week. I managed 2300 meters but felt like I could do more. I thought that that was ok without any training for it.

Back