A&H

First 5-4 Assessment

Monotone Whistle

Bit disappointed to get 74 to be honest, challenging game and did everything right. However, if i'mm being positive I am above the average required mark (by 1) so could be crucial come the end of the season.

It reads like I got marked down for the issue with the DoGSO-H by the 'keeper. I still maintain I made the right call, and despite our discussion on this forum and my chat with the assessor after the game.

Nothing I can do about it now I guess.

Attachments

• First Assessment 74.doc
    47 KB · Views: 86
The Referee Store
Sorry @Monotone Whistle, it does read like a 74. You will have been marked a 4 on Match Control, but I think the scoring will be:
AOL 3.5 * 5
MC 4.0 * 5
P&F 3.0 * 2
AA 4.0 * 3
COM 4.0 * 2
TW 3.5 * 1
ADV 3.5 * 2

The weakness of positioning at re-starts and lack of awareness of your NAR could have cost you 1/2 mark.

No need to apologise, I know 74 isn't a bad mark by any means and yes your marking is correct.

On the positive side, the monotone whistle was praised in this assessment, which is a change...:)

It's a great start!

Focus on positives and look forward to your next assessment. Don't let it slip.

When I went 5-4 I had 5 assessments and had to average 75. I had 3 75's on 76 and an 80 (for the easiest game of the lot) but that didn't come until the 4th assessment. It will keep you working hard.

Good luck and well done!

Bit disappointed to get 74 to be honest, challenging game and did everything right. However, if i'mm being positive I am above the average required mark (by 1) so could be crucial come the end of the season.

It reads like I got marked down for the issue with the DoGSO-H by the 'keeper. I still maintain I made the right call, and despite our discussion on this forum and my chat with the assessor after the game.

In the vernacular, he's done you there. He's not even dressed it up. He should be taking account of your viewpoint.

A 74 in a match where the assessor thinks you made a major error in law?
I'd be ****ing delighted if I were you MW. Grab it and run!!

I wouldn't say major error in law (I've had plenty of those in the past ;)). It's a different viewpoint upon which I made a decision which was correct in law in the circumstances. The assessor after the game asked me what I saw and said on the basis of my explanation I was correct, but he disagreed from his angle. I had three spectators (all from the aggrieved team) telling me I was correct in my judgement of where the ball was going. Put simply, if the assessor had been standing ten yards either side, his assessment may have been different.

Again, overall I am OK with a 74, it's a good mark and I'm proud of my performance. It was my best of the season so far and there are some games this season I would have been murdered on so I'm grateful for that.

Just got me realising how tough it can be to average 73 - it only takes one or two errors.

I'd be delighted with that mark as well. There is little specific evidence supporting what you did well but he goes into some detail on the mistake.

It's a learning curve each season and as a first season level 4. Each of my 6 assessments so far have had a different development point. Small steps make a big difference.

Back