A&H

First game

craig

Level 7 Referee
been offered to referee my first game as a referee for tommorw which I accepted to do wish me luck please

The Referee Store
Try and enjoy is the best piece of advice I can offer, good luck, report back.....

Made it out alive was a good game 0-5 to the away team. I know I have a lot of room to improvement but that's the first one done.
They was was calling a lot of hand handballs.

Last edited:
Reactions: SM
I get appeals for handball a quick "ball to hand, play on" (if applicable) soon sorts them out.:)

Don't worry mate. You learn to filter out a lot of the pearls of ignorance from the players during games. :D

Other calls of note;

In the back ref!
Foul throw!

Yer tbf 90% of the lads come over at the end and shaked my hand so just the strat tho plenty more to come

While that's good, I wouldn't be judging your own performance by it.

You'll get many games where you have an excellent game and very few handshakes. Just shows the fickleness of it!

I know it was not a good performance from me but can only get easyer hopefully

I'm happy to hear that you seemed to enjoy your first game Craig, well done. Hopefully my first will be straight forward enough tomorrow.

While that's good, I wouldn't be judging your own performance by it.

You'll get many games where you have an excellent game and very few handshakes. Just shows the fickleness of it!

Precisely.

I only once in my career failed to seek out the ref for a handshake after my games, and that poor soul did nothing wrong, I just had a bad game (as a keeper it happens lol) and I just wanted to get in the changing room asap.

Of course on the flip side, there has been games where the ref as had an absolute nightmare, but no matter what they did I always sought them out after the game for the handshake. Guess that's just my nature.

Back