A&H

Junior/Youth First Red Card And Unheard Allegation Of Racism...

The Referee Store
You should really be telling the player what he has been sent off for, when you send him off. (I assume that did happen).

The sending off report needs to specify this. The resulting ban length is different for Dogso and SFP so you need to be clear what you are reporting.

The red card is correct DOGSO is a red card offence at any age. Strange comment by the parent to say you can't send him off because he is learning. Surely if he is learning then you need to send him off so that he learns that you can't make that kind of challenge?

If only life was that simple, Liam

Plenty of referees on here have advocated exactly what your 'parent' has suggested

If only life was that simple, Liam

Plenty of referees on here have advocated exactly what your 'parent' has suggested
Just because there are "plenty" doesn't make them right. I posted the criteria for DOGSO on another thread. That's what should be considered when adjusting the offence of DOGSO.

Yeah, I told the keeper the reason. He wasn't very pleased and threw his gloves angrily in the air when he walked off and then later kicked the ball away when it went off near him.

I went for DOGSO as the reason in the end. Although it was definitely a kick with excessive force I'm not sure I'd have given straight red elsewhere on the pitch and DOGSO no one can argue with.

I'm not too worried about it though, a number of players on the keepers team agreed with the decision and so did the main coach.

Reactions: SM
Back