A&H

First Time Ever......

Anthony

Level 5 Referee
After 10+ years of refereeing I had a first ever incident.......

Free kick, plays it short to a team mate who is not watching, as fk taker moves towards ball the other player starts to turn, taker seems to nudge other player out of the way and to my eye touches the ball a second time and continues up field with it. It took me a few seconds to take in what I had seen and was convinced the taker had indeed touched it twice. IDFK. The other player involved didn't argue but said he had touched it, it had skimmed across the top of his boot. I said he would have to make it more obvious in future.

Any first time ever's??

The Referee Store
I've never had this before but you have to give what you see. If you were satisfied that it was a second touch from the original taker then you acted correctly.

first time ever.... couple weeks ago, i had a free kick taken so badly (the guy was just trying to flick it to his right, but got his foot caught in the ground, and touched it right, then, left then basically almost fell over trying to sort his feet out!) law says IDFK the other way, but literally everyone was laughing including him, we decided it was in the spirit of the game to let him retake ... just a one off i'm sure

Other week had a CAR flag at a corner to say the ball had crossed the line and it was a goal. Needless to say he wasnt popular at all with his team for that.

Back