A&H

First year update

Whinyates

Level 6 Referee
Hi all,

I did my last game of my first season last night and just wanted to talk about my first season reffing.

This time last year I was 33, at least 2 stone heavier, out of control diabetic with high blood pressure. My fitness level was being proud if I got upstairs not out of breath.

Did the course in June purely as reffing was a way to be paid to be part of football.

Since then I’ve done 96 games as both referee and AR.

The only thing I wish is that I did this years ago. Like a lot of people I was hesitant to start this being mid 30s.

But, I have been appointed to a league cup final and also a county cup final, both as AR.

Today to top off a great first season I found out I’ve been promoted from level 7-6 and 4w-3w.

Sorry if this posting seems braggy but this is the only place where I can share, where people will understand 😂

The Referee Store
Celebrate the wins! Congrats to you. As a fellow referee who got his start in his mid-30s, I get it. Stay fit, injury-free and keep having fun and challenging yourself 👏👏

Wow amazing. Did you register for the promotion program straight away?
I only ref u18 games so can’t get promoted as I believe you need to do open age games?

I got qualified as a ref 2 years ago at the age of 45.

Hi all,

I did my last game of my first season last night and just wanted to talk about my first season reffing.

This time last year I was 33, at least 2 stone heavier, out of control diabetic with high blood pressure. My fitness level was being proud if I got upstairs not out of breath.

Did the course in June purely as reffing was a way to be paid to be part of football.

The only thing I wish is that I did this years ago. Like a lot of people I was hesitant to start this being mid 30s.

But, I have been appointed to a league cup final and also a county cup final, both as AR.

Today to top off a great first season I found out I’ve been promoted from level 7-6 and 4w-3w.

Sorry if this posting seems braggy but this is the only place where I can share, where people will understand 😂
This post has an amazing vibe to it. Congratulations and from what I have read, you deserve a brag!

Hi all,

I started at the same age. Well done, positivity is always a good thing (because there's olenty of negative stuff around when it comes to refereeing!). Same again next year.

Hi all,

I totally get it.

I started last season as a spritely 48. Went from 7-6 this year and had 2 County Cup finals and a few league finals too. The highs far outweigh the lows.

Looking to do 6-5 next year as a 50 year old!

Well done mate.

Congratulations mate!
I managed to get myself 120 games all in this season, been a hell of a rollercoaster for me! Qualified in June and then managed to get myself up to L5 by the end of the season. Next stop is going for L4 for this time next year! Feel like I can relate as I was 32 when I started and now being 33, just wish that I'd sacked the football off as I knew, despite playing at a really good level overseas I was never going to make it over here ha!

Congratulations mate!
I managed to get myself 120 games all in this season, been a hell of a rollercoaster for me! Qualified in June and then managed to get myself up to L5 by the end of the season. Next stop is going for L4 for this time next year! Feel like I can relate as I was 32 when I started and now being 33, just wish that I'd sacked the football off as I knew, despite playing at a really good level overseas I was never going to make it over here ha!
Sounds like you had a cracking season! Good luck next year 👍

Back