A&H

Flags with no black clips!

MonRef89

Level 5 Referee
Hi Guys,

I've recently bought two sets of flags online. However both of them have just a plastic clip that holds the bottom of the flags in place. The problem is the CAR tend to hand them back to me clip less rendering them useless! Do you know of any decent flags where they don't use these clips? I don't mind spending a bit more if they last.

Cheers for you help.

The Referee Store
Are they touchlines? Id certainly suggest getting some cheap crappy flags to give CAR's, for this very reason, if they break them, you haven't lost too much

No they're not touchlines. I think you're right there but I'd like a decent set for when I have to officiate/others for me. Are touchlines the way to go?

Personally, if Club Assistant Referees broke my flag, or lost the clip on the flag I'd give them the time for me to get changed to find/fix them... Otherwise I'll expect a new set from them, or they can expect to be contacted by the FA... ;)

I quite like the new touchlines, but the old rubber handled ones are much better. If you can find any for sale anywhere I say get them.

Yeah @Ross is spot on, don't give good ones to CAR's, you are better off buying two sets. One rubbish set for CAR's then a good set for NAR's. The RA flags have string holding them on so it is harder for the CAR to break if that's any help :)

Unless there is something fundamentally wrong with the flag which makes it easy to break. They should be coming back to you in more or less the same condition as you gave then out (a little bit wetter/dirtier maybe!)

I use a cheap set of b&d flags (£20? Refereeworld.com) which have lasted me 3 seasons of CAR use, multiple washes and are good to go again next season. They have a tight white clip at the bottom of the flag and while I have spares I have never needed them.

Back