Fox 40

What's the best???

• Classic

Votes: 23 100.0%
  • Mini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The Referee Store
I quite like them both. Classic was my main weapon of choice, but quite liked the mini. Slightly different sound so can be quite handy to have a different tone on council pitches

Classic, with CMG mouth grip I think. Haven't tried the mini to be fair.

Classic with wrist lanyard. My days of carrying it around in the palm of my hand a la Collina stopped when I dropped it in the mud twice in one game.

I think the classic is much more effective as I find it is easier to change tone when needed and it can go louder, when needed E.g. Bad challenges, mass confrontations E.C.T

When buying a Fox 40 whistle, should go I go for the standard one or one with a CMG mouth grip?

Can anyone tell me the advantages of the mouth grip?

I find they make it more comfortable in your mouth, they make them last longer if you sometimes bite your whistle and prevents you hurting your teeth if the plastic and your teeth collide.

I feel much more comfortable with the CMG one, I feel that I can make it louder!

I like them both but I can't get a good high pitch tone out classic unlike mini so I've added on the t2000 to try get high pitch tone

I think that vote gives you a good idea! I started with a mini but only because that was the whistle that came in the A&H new refs pack, but now I've got a classic and that's my first choice.

Back