A&H

FRA vs MRC

The Referee Store
Mbappe kicking the ball away is a YC in a lot of games.

The football community really needs to understand this is a different game.

There's a definite argument for a penalty. The defender gets a touch on the ball, but doesn't really move it that far then absolutely clatters the Morocco forward. Certainly don't think it should have been a caution.

Regardless of pen or no pen. I absolutely do not see a Moroccan foul
I think we do learn something from the player reaction to the YC (as @santa sangria mentioned above)--no protest doesn't sound like even he thought it was not at least a foul. The defender got the ball, and the attacker then (without getting near the ball) hits him pretty hard. Foul feels right to me. Caution seems harsh, but I suspect the R felt the attacker knowingly initiated the unnecessary contact, which would be how he got to a caution.

48 mins Mbappe on the GK must be a YC. Sliding out of control into the GK. Must be YC. That’s two for KMb for me.
Think that's harsh, the fact he's sliding and not in control wasn't his fault. Seems incredibly harsh to punish that over and above a free kick

Think that's harsh, the fact he's sliding and not in control wasn't his fault. Seems incredibly harsh to punish that over and above a free kick
Why wasn’t it his fault? He slid to challenge for the ball and was about an hour late!

I think we do learn something from the player reaction to the YC (as @santa sangria mentioned above)--no protest doesn't sound like even he thought it was not at least a foul. The defender got the ball, and the attacker then (without getting near the ball) hits him pretty hard. Foul feels right to me. Caution seems harsh, but I suspect the R felt the attacker knowingly initiated the unnecessary contact, which would be how he got to a caution.
I really struggle to see the attacker initiating any contact here

Back