A&H

France v Brazil WWC

QuaverRef

I used to be indecisive but now i'm not so sure
Level 4 Referee
Do the referees have any kind of authority in this tournament? The referee just followed Renard about 30/40 yards, card in hand as Renard walked back to the edge of her area. What ever happened to blowing your whistle and calling a player over rather than following a player like a lost puppy? It was embarrassing to watch.

The Referee Store
Just seen the reply once so forgive me...

Is the ball actually touching the GK's hand when the French player plays it, does the GK have control?
What is the offence given there?
Is it given for challenging the GK while in control, or is a careless foul because of the barge position of the attacker?

Just seen the reply once so forgive me...

Is the ball actually touching the GK's hand when the French player plays it, does the GK have control?

It looked like the keeper had played the ball away into the attacker when the contact. Actually based on the balls trajectory in the goal, the contact occurred after the keeper played the ball into the French attacker. So for FIFA to say the keeper had control of the ball is laughable.

All I got me, calling a foul there is the most bizarre VAR based decision yet. ( I thought they were calling it out for the inadvertent ball/arm contact, which is an offense under the new laws, but FIFA is saying foul. Truly bizarre.)

All I got me, calling a foul there is the most bizarre VAR based decision yet. ( I thought they were calling it out for the inadvertent ball/arm contact, which is an offense under the new laws, but FIFA is saying foul. Truly bizarre.)

Where is FIFA saying foul?

Clearly the refs don't have a clue because they made the French attacker leave the field of play after colliding with the goalkeeper.

OMG having just seen the bad flag in the England game and now this Brazil goal - it's not a good day for ARs :(

It just goes to show how good the top level ARs are in the men's game. We pretty much went the entire World Cup last summer without one of those.

It just goes to show how good the top level ARs are in the men's game. We pretty much went the entire World Cup last summer without one of those.
Tru dat.
I think AR2 was unfortunate here... perhaps closer to goal and she would not have flagged and left it to VAR... and it was very very close...

I thought ARs were only meant to flag if they are 100% sure even in matches without VAR.
If they are 100% sure, the flag should go up immediately (because there's zero chance of being wrong). This means, ARs are signalling for offsides they aren't sure about; why do they flag for an offside they aren't sure about?

I thought ARs were only meant to flag if they are 100% sure even in matches without VAR.
If they are 100% sure, the flag should go up immediately (because there's zero chance of being wrong). This means, ARs are signalling for offsides they aren't sure about; why do they flag for an offside they aren't sure about?

Because ARs get calls they are sure of wrong all the time.

Back