A&H

Fulham vs Middlesbrough DOGSO incident

Peter Grove

RefChat Addict
85th minute, Boro striker Jordan Rhodes would have been away with an unopposed run on the Fulham goal but was still inside the centre-circle in the Middlesbrough half when Richard Stearman brought him down and was sent off. Given that Rhodes was still 60 yards or so away from the opponent's goal, I'd be interested in people's opinions on whether they think this was a DOGSO offence.

Incident visible @2:35 on the Sky Sports highlights (you need to be in the UK or using a VPN to view the video).

http://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...hampionship/10184035/fulham-0-2-middlesbrough

Last edited:
The Referee Store
That's not a red for me, he is in his own half, there is the left back sprinting back so no way was that a clear DOGSO for my money.

No way, he's got far too much to do there.

2/3rds of the pitch to go to even get a shot off, regardless of any team mates in.

Not a red card but I don't blame the referee here, the left-back is way out of his eyeline. I think the assistant has to help him out too.

Is that an obvious goalscoring opportunity at the level I referee at? Not a chance. At that level - absolutely. Bye bye.

It's a goal scoring opportunity.......but is it obvious?

Not for me....far too much distance to go.....

Admittedly I'm no expert on Derby left backs. But unless that man is Usain Bolt, he's never getting there.
Red card, the player is through on goal and no one is catching him

Perhaps he had that most annoying of shouts in his ear of 'last man ref'

Grrrrrr, I really hate that.:mad:

Reactions: SM
Red for me. Nice to see all the differing opinions.

Also, just before that there's a lovely shot of a sneaky little handball.

Back