A&H

General Fitness Improvement Tips

Thanks everyone for all your advice.

I do track what I’m eating and I have lost two stone thanks to it (I’m not just starting out unfortunately although I wish this was my starting weight) and it appears to have just been stuck in a rut now.

I’ve restarted the couch to 5k program although this time rather than doing the 4mph I’m attempting to do each week at 6mph which should speed up my “regular” jog and in turn make my 80% and 100% quicker? Is that correct? Hopefully after 4 weeks I should see some improvements and once I’m at 5k doing 6mph I should have a decent improvement.

The Referee Store
I can attest to the effectiveness of myfitnesspal. I'm 47 5'10 and 175 lbs. I saw 200 for the firs time ever in my life a few years back. Got pissed and determined. I dropped about 20-25 lbs in 3 months. Amazing how if you religiously record Everything, how much you drop. Drinking and snacking were getting me. Once I dropped the first 15 it was amazing how much speed, quickness and stamina I regained on the pitch as a player. Once I hit 40yrs apparently my metabolism has slowed and I must "earn" my beers

Hit the 200 mark and now I’m hitting the pool. Tomorrow it’s cycling and running. My season begins in 30days.

Could always use the FA's fitness programme in the resources section. That's pretty rough training!

I do the couch to 5k style of training, intervals as you will normally at 16kph forbhe run and 6 for the walk. At 2 incline. It’s pretty nails but really improves stamina

Back