A&H

GHA vs URU Matchday 12 - Siebert (GER)

The Referee Store
What in the hell was it even about? Good to see security getting them away but reds were deserved

I'm counting at least 2-3 Reds minimum at the end( after FT), nothing different to what Taylor sent the South Korea manager off for. Cavani could've easily had his second yellow straight after the first there. Shocking

Last edited:
Not a penalty on Cavani, the one on Nunez more a penalty.

No wonder there is a lack of referees and a lack of respect when you're getting scenes like that after the full time whistle.

The ref was very strong there but should have stood his ground and anyone approaching just issue with cards

Anyone giving the cavani call at the end? Have seen them plenty given, with much more contact there than for the Ghana pk

Edit: oops, didn't load earlier messages basically asking the same q

Reactions: es1
Every grassroot referee in the world is let down by multiple red cards not being shown there.
Absolutely...
Can't help a small feeling of karma satisfaction in Uruguay being knocked out ....

Every grassroot referee in the world is let down by multiple red cards not being shown there.
I honestly feel grassroots refs are let down every week by pro refs. Whether it’s the ridiculous soft fouls they give. They flash yellow cards around like confetti. They constantly get swore at in such an aggressive manor and do nothing about it.

I suspect there will be repercussions following the scenes after the final whistle. Not seen anything official, but media reporting allegations that Uruguay's Jose Gimenez elbowed a FIFA official and could be banned for 15 games.

Back