A&H

Going for Promotion 7-6

I have quite a high tolerance level, I'm more interested in how things are said. Not necessarily what's said!

The Referee Store
Had my 1st 7-6 assessment couple of weeks ago, the feedback seem good enough yet i still to receive my written one. But I spoke to my RDO and said I "should!" have it next week. He also said to me that my assessor told him I was one of the fittest referees he's seen! Which is pleasing as its something I work on!

Well that was an interesting 1st Mens game! Plenty of grief from the home team about "not giving them anything" especially when I disallowed one of their goals for a foul on the keeper (goalmouth scramble, keeper had 1 hand and 2 knees on the ball ["A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball while the ball is between his hands or between his hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body)"]. Then they wanted time added on for every ball that went out of play!! Actually the main problem was the fact they were losing for most of the match and only pulled back the equaliser with 5 mins to go. Their Manager was the one doing most of the moaning and he was also running the line which made it fun! 2 yellows for dissent, one for the home striker when the "moaning" got too vociferous and one for the away striker for trying to convert the ball over some neighbouring rugby posts! Overall, lots learned but very glad I wasn't being assessed this time!

I've now had an email from the County FA explaining the notification and assessment process. One more Mens game to go this season then assessments start next season. Still, that means I can enjoy my remaining Womens and U18 games (especially the League Cup Final) all the more...

Sounds like you handled things well though Andy.

Back