A&H

Halifax RA - update

A

Arran Williams

Hi All,

just an update. We had our 1st meeting last night with an attendance of 25 out of 88 referees from Halifax. We also had 10 people who emailed to send their apologies as they couldn't make it due to last minute changes meaning we could have had near 35 out of 88.

We spoke to the members and even those who were skeptical before had suddenly had a renewed sense of optimism about Halifax RA. Everyone seemed to enjoy the night and with the RA-FA youth council present it appears we got it right in terms of what we, as an RA want to do.

So the plan is:
-practical training
- theory and general meeting
- social meet in the local pub!

not only that we are looking to introduce members into roles separate from the norm i.e chairman, treasurer so we are introducing a training officer and a recruitment and retention officer. Along with them we also want to set up a "buddying" system for those who can just be a friend or a voice at the end of the phone after a hard game, as well as a mentoring system for those who have a bit more experience to offer all referees.

One of the key points I personally liked was we picked up on all of us going to watch a local game together i.e Brighouse town - watch the officials (probably a midweek game) and then discuss any decisions between us and then invite the officials back at a later date to see what their interpretation of the decision was.

I'll keep you updated as soon as I know anymore but at this moment I am brimming with excitement!

The Referee Store
even found this old thing on our very own refchat (sorry for digging it up, mods)

Back