A&H

Hard Tackles

And yes, blue's slide is perpendicular. Not quite sure how that precludes him from inevitably cleaning up red.
The fact that blue arrived to the location on the FOP where contact occured first (in a way claiming that spot). Red then arrived to that spot causing the collision.

Had the vid been better quality, this would have been clearer.

The Referee Store
"He won the ball" doesn't mean he got to slide in however he wants!
Again, you see to be watching a different video. Red doesn't even take a single step after blue leaves his feet.

Endangering the safety of an opponent......

I’ll just leave that there........

Do we think that:
a) blue went into that challenge, at that speed, with that amount of force, fully aware and considering the potential risk to the safety of his opponent?

or

b) blue went into that challenge thinking ‘**** you....I’m having that ball’ with no regard to the consequences for his opponent?

Forget the ball....it’s utterly irrelevant in the context of this challenge.

It is very similar to the Dier challenge on Ramos. The problem is the speed of the challenge, he knew he would be taking the opponent out even if he won the ball but did it anyway. 10 years ago perhaps, but there is no way you can do that these days.

I seriously injured 2 players in my time, one totally accidental (a GK), one pre meditated tactical (a show off)...... Seen 1000's of tackles in my time, I can probably seen about 20 full on, leg breaking / seriously dangerous tackles. Actually seen more bad tackles towards the end of my time than in the earlier days. There is a huge difference in what's allowed at Ruddocks level to what goes off on Sunday Leagues... Some of the Herberts I refereed would laugh at Ruddock, he was a poor footballer, seen far far harder than he ever was!!!

Back