A&H

Hello All

MattyontheWhistle

RefChat Addict
Thought I'd drop in here and introduce myself before jumping in to some of the discussions.

I live in New Zealand, and qualified last season with NZ Football.

I did the ref course because I was coaching a junior team (u10s) and wanted to understand the game from a ref's POV to help the kids along. It felt like I had discovered a whole new sport!

As a youngster, I had played to a decent level was in the Burnley FC youth set up for a while, and have been involved in the game for 30+ years in one way or another - even 15 years working at Sky Sports and getting 'paid to watch football' as the wife would always say!

Still play a bit, at a social level for my local club, but really enjoying the refereeing as well and considering hanging up the playing boots finally.

Currently I am a Level 1 Referee, but hoping to reach Level 2 this season coming, which is an assessment-based promotion and possibly going for Level 3 in time for season 2014 which will enable me to ref at Federation level. (Football here has only one 'National League', and below that is 'North Isalnd/South island' regionals, which are in turn split into regional Federations - 7 in total)

So that's me!

The Referee Store
Welcome to the website it's great to have referees from other countries! We are a very friendly bunch on here and will happily answers any questions you have. Good luck with your refereeing

even 15 years working at Sky Sports and getting 'paid to watch football' as the wife would always say!
haha brilliant i get that every week from 'r lass :D and players always seem to accuse me of the opposite :)

either way welcome and hope you learn and we learn from you

Welcome to the rabble. Always nice to have visitors from other countries. :)

Don't be shy, keep us updated how things go

How does the Grading system for referee Levels work in NZ? You are aspiring to Level 3 in the net year or so, how far do the levels go?

I'm curious.

Back