A&H

Hello from Belgium!

Martin97

Level 8 Referee
Hello everyone!

My name is Martin, I'm from Belgium and I'll be doing my referee exam in August.

I'm really excited to try this and that's why I already visited all kinds of referee blogs, websites etc. I discovered this forum some weeks ago and immediately became interested in joining this community. After I registered for the referee lessons, I discovered there's a real shortage of useful referee information on the internet in Dutch, so that's why I decided to visit English and American forums.

I know refereeing can be a very difficult job but I really want to give it a serious try. The wonderful amount of information in here makes me even more excited to give it a go!

Cheers,
Martin

The Referee Store
Welcome to RefChat Martin. I'm glad you find this site so useful and we'd be glad to answer any questions you have, and I'm sure we'd have questions for you to give us a better understanding of the Belgian system.

Enjoy the site

Welcome aboard! It's an exciting time when you take those first steps out into your referreeing journey. Interested to see what your experience is like in the Belgian system. If you're happy to, please share it! I like to live vicariously through others.

:)

I'll certainly share my experiences!
For now, I'll just have to wait 3 more months and concentrate on school work (exams are near) unfortunately :)

Bonjour, Maarten!

Although French is one of the official languages in Belgium, my mother language is Dutch, as I live in Flanders, the northern (Dutchspeaking)
part of Belgium :) still thanks for the effort, Ryan! (and bonjour ;) )

No trouble, Maarten. I figured you were Flemmish by the name (not Martin) but I figured you could do both French and Dutch. My favourite Belgian of all time is Jacques Brel but you can be a decent second if you're good -- better than Plastic Bertrand, anyhow.

Welcome to the world of refereeing Martin I hope you will enjoy your experiences with us and wish u luck for your games

Back