A&H

Hello

karlm14

First post , just thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm Karl, I'm 22 and i am from Sunderland.

Level 7 referee at the end of my second full season. Never had any help/guidance since the original training course and just seen this forum as I was browsing forum runner.

Only referee junior football and 5-a-side at the moment.

Looking forward to a good few discussions.

How many people regularly post on here then?

The Referee Store
Hi Karl. Welcome to RefChat.

We have a few regular posters on here, so stick around and see what happens!

Are you going to start 11 a side at all?

Ross said:
Hi Karl. Welcome to RefChat.

We have a few regular posters on here, so stick around and see what happens!

Are you going to start 11 a side at all?

I do 11 a side junior football! ;) haha.

I do want to get into it, the very first game I refereed after qualifying was 11 a side adults which I later found out to be the worst team in the leagues with regards to respecting the official. It was probably the worst experience of my life and that has slightly put me off.

Welcome :)

Often happens with first matches, can't understand why there isn't more done to support newly qualified referees.

Anyway, fair play to you for carrying on after your first match :)

Reffari said:
Welcome :)

Often happens with first matches, can't understand why there isn't more done to support newly qualified referees.

Anyway, fair play to you for carrying on after your first match :)

To be fair, the support was shocking. Was appointed a 'mentor' who turned up for half a game give me a little advice then I never saw him again!

The actual course wasn't great either; 2 full days of being told the rules and that was it.

Tried my local RA which was decent but can't go now due to work commitments.

hi Karl from here in somerset. Refereeing is about character and courage and well done you if that is your intro into refereeing. All counties are mindful of retaining new referees and on the last refereesworld podcast we talked to Ian Blanchard at the FA regarding the National Referee Development Program. The advice for any referee looking for a mentor is to contact their referee development officer or maybe even if you can't get to RA meetings is there someone at the RA who could mentor?
Sound refereeing involves good social skills, knowledge and management.

Keep up the good work

Richard M

Back