A&H

Hi All

prenders

Just about to take the BRC again, was a ref from the age of 16 until 30 ish, now at the age of 44 have decided to take it up again.
Still fairly fit although working on that every day, and will get there in the end.
Intending to middle every other Saturday and be an assistant on the other two Saturdays, anyone around from Essex that could suggest any leagues for next season?, also age might be a factor re promotion?

Any views

Thanks

The Referee Store
Welcome to RefChat. Couldn't find anything more than what's been posted above.

As for promotion, I've been told many times, if you're good enough, age doesn't matter so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Welcome Prenders.

League-wise (not looked at what Arran posted, so sorry if it's doubling up), you're probably looking at Essex Senior for your lines. This is a Supply league so you'll be lining to L4's in top division and L5's through the rest.

Middle-wise, you can't go wrong with any if the Essex Sat leagues. How far are you from Fairlop (Power-League)? Lots of games in the grass pitches there through a number of leagues!

Hi Again

I think that lines essex senior and middles with the Mid Essex League.

Thanks once again for the welcome and the confidence boost re age!

Hi Prenders,

Glad you came back to the fold. It gets under your skin, and you sure miss it when you don't do it for a while. I agree with Ross, don't let age get in the way. I was promoted to Level 4 at 40 and I wasn't the oldest by any means.

Happy whistling and flagging!

Ian, that news on age makes me feel good too!! Be a while before I go for Lvl 4 though.

Back