A&H

Hi

McRef

Level 5 Referee
I'm Tom.
I'm 29 and just recently qualified as a referee. I've played for over 15 years and coached a youth team for 7 years.
I decided i would become a referee one day after a shocking decision by a club linesman and then the referee got me an FA misconduct charge a few seasons ago. I felt I could do a much better job and when I could no longer play due to injury I decided to take up the whistle.
I've completed several pre-season games and did my first league game yesterday. Its been a challenge so far and I'm learning all the time. Also, its improved my fitness dramatically (which I wasn't expecting).
I hope to use this forum for advice and develop further.

Cheers
Tom

The Referee Store
Welcome to the site. Don't be shy to get involved.

Enjoy!

Hi Tom - well someone else that can add the players perpective to a game, always good.

Congrats on following through on the "I can do better than that" threat, and sure that you'll slot right in.

It'll be an emotional rollercoaster, but worth it in the long run. Prove that you can do better then that, them enjoy it for what it is.

Welcome aboard mate.

The fitness thing is odd when you start. It's only after that first game that realise that players can get a rest during the game if the ball is down the other end of the pitch, the ref doesn't have that luxury!

Back