A&H

Holding in the box

The Referee Store
It would only be given at Sunday league if referee (on his own) saw it. I watched bits of this game and there was a lot going on at corners, so not at all easy to see real time without the benefit of watching TV replays. Yes, it should have been a penalty, but not at all easy to see.

Now now, you don't want the referee to be seen as making a decision that affects the game, do you? You should know by now that gets trained out of them at the top levels!

Very frustrating watch and as the commentator rightly pointed out, the referee kept calling players over for a chat at set pieces but then continued to let them push and shove at each other. Constant theme throughout and nothing new at championship level really

Very frustrating watch and as the commentator rightly pointed out, the referee kept calling players over for a chat at set pieces but then continued to let them push and shove at each other. Constant theme throughout and nothing new at championship level really
Yeah, it’s frustrating. Ironically the commentator said ‘he’s gone down too easily’

It would only be given at Sunday league if referee (on his own) saw it. I watched bits of this game and there was a lot going on at corners, so not at all easy to see real time without the benefit of watching TV replays. Yes, it should have been a penalty, but not at all easy to see.
I’m presuming he saw it as he repeatedly had words with the players at corners, otherwise I’d have understood about missing it

Did Mike Dean not go on a personal crusade to penalise holding, then realised nobody else was following suit, so he went back to ignoring it too?

The tackle from behind was wiped out after a few months purge, no reason why holding in the box could not be either, with a bit of courage from the leaders

Did Mike Dean not go on a personal crusade to penalise holding, then realised nobody else was following suit, so he went back to ignoring it too?

The tackle from behind was wiped out after a few months purge, no reason why holding in the box could not be either, with a bit of courage from the leaders
I’m not sure, I’d like to see what he said. But it’s a good point, it wouldn’t be hard to eradicate it after a few pens start being given

I’m not sure, I’d like to see what he said. But it’s a good point, it wouldn’t be hard to eradicate it after a few pens start being given

Few months of pens and yc (for a lot of defenders that could of course mean a 2nd yc) and you stamp it out
Thats not to say attackers are not guilty too!
Problem is, a lot of refs think its brave referreing to award the holding pk at 89 mins.....no doubt resulting in the winning goal. Whilst it indeed may be brave, sensible refereeing would be to penalise it from the first minute....

A slight aside for the last time Pulis got near a possible promotion (Stoke 10 years ago). Its was a parody caller to Radio Stoke!!!

Very funny if you know the area and the accent!!!

Back