A&H

How long before Coronavirus impacts Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both World Wars began in September so, a decision to suspend was fairly easy. The seasons had barely begun and nothing was disrupted in that respect.
However, a season extension has legal and contractual issues for many (if not all) teams in the professional game and the upper echelons of the pyramid in England.
Any extension into June would mean a whole load of players being out of contract and (l believe) out of registration and insurance, too. For non league players that deadline is even earlier (end of April?)
It's a big, big headache for clubs and the likelihood is a few will not survive financially nevermind medically.
Not sure what the point is your are making. Giving reasons why they don't have provisions for it? Reasons why they should have provisions for it? Just giving some insight I guess.

In any case just because the previous disruptive events where in September they wouldn't bee thinking the next one will also be in September.

Financially, I somehow think there are some things covered by insurance.

Christ imagine that?

FA Clause 294: In the event of World War...
Surly you are just having a laugh :) . It doesnt have to be world war. It's about any event that forces the season to end prematurely or causes long suspensions mid season. Let's say we are Back up and running from May 1. Whatever decision is made then would knowingly favour some clubs and disadvantage some others. Haveing provisions in place means no one can complain because it was pre-planned.

My local comp has provision for forced shortened season. Both for the premiership and championship (kind of like play offs) copms. Anyway, just a thought.

The Referee Store
Knock yourself out having a read of this lot https://www.premierleague.com/publications
I daresay the EFL has similar as do the FA whose myriad of committee members will be getting to grips with the problem at the next committee meeting (as long as they aren't in isolation).
They might help you fathom if there's provision or not.

The enemy in this situation this country's administrators find themselves in, is time. There isn't enough of it left. The EPL may be okay, the EFL will struggle on, but many lower leagues may never finish in England this season.
As for insurance, that's a joke. No insurer will pay out unless they have to and even then they'll make it very difficult. Many clubs have had issues with insurance and their prohibitive terms so simply don't bother any longer.

Surly you are just having a laugh

Yes.

As for insurance, that's a joke. No insurer will pay out unless they have to and even then they'll make it very difficult.

Apparently the advice is that if you take club training you'll still be covered for injuries but they absolutely won't cover any losses if you get the virus. Especially not now the FA/FAW has suspended the matches etc. I think clubs should err on the safe side and not organise training.

Looking at Twitter though, some clubs have organised a night out etc, so... some aren't taking the situation seriously at all tbh.

Just want to say to anyone who has stopped posting here because they could possibly have the virus and worried about passing it on, it is impossible to do it through an online forum :) . Keep posting. Its been quiet recently.

Just want to say to anyone who has stopped posting here because they could possibly have the virus and worried about passing it on, it is impossible to do it through an online forum :) . Keep posting. Its been quiet recently.
Everyone's too busy reffing matches and watching the football...

I’ve recently updated my Kyle Naughton Anti Virus so I’m feeling cleansed 😂

Unless it makes the jump from humans to computers! :bite: New computers will recover quickly, but old ones will be at high risk....

Reactions: one
Unless it makes the jump from humans to computers! :bite: New computers will recover quickly, but old ones will be at high risk....
Some of the old ones came with Ram Drive and a 3 1/2' floppy!! ;) That got us to the moon and back, some of the younger brainbox models today cant tie their own shoelaces!!!

Just got back from Lanzarote today....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back