A&H

How long before Coronavirus impacts Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too soon?

Too soon!

Oh dear. Suggests that testing and isolation of players needs to be much earlier.

Also perhaps suggests that it’s “too easy for footballers to get it”... I hate writing that but what have those guys been doing to get exposed (unfortunately thinking if Kalou)...?

The Referee Store
I thought you should know:

Dynamo’s sporting director, Ralf Minge, said: “In the past few weeks, we have made enormous efforts in terms of personnel and logistics in order to strictly implement all the prescribed medical and hygienic measures.”

Stop sniggering at the back. I’m crying here.

I thought you should know:

Dynamo’s sporting director, Ralf Minge, said: “In the past few weeks, we have made enormous efforts in terms of personnel and logistics in order to strictly implement all the prescribed medical and hygienic measures.”

Stop sniggering at the back. I’m crying here.
The committee included Dutchman Brian Pinas, Frenchman Rod Fanni, German Uwe Fuchs, Swiss André Muff, Argentinian Fabian Assman but they were all trumped by Ghanain Nortei Nortey....... ;)

Its amazing, that they were all fine till they said relegation was still included!!

yes. Afterall, for sporting integrity the most important thing should be, finishing the season safely.

Throw in also, none? of the teams actually use their own ground bar match day, so its not like 1930 when teams trained in their stadia.

you touched on Falkirk, it is on topic, as the virus has finished all but the top league here, and yesterday reconstruction talks collapsed which have left Falkirk in a lower league than they think they should be in, on this occasion, tough, wanted to be promoted? Should have been top of the league. I cannot back them this time despite their self pity.

Rangers are miffed about something, I’ve read up a bit but can’t really understand what’s gone amiss!

Too soon?

Too soon!

Oh dear. Suggests that testing and isolation of players needs to be much earlier.

Also perhaps suggests that it’s “too easy for footballers to get it”... I hate writing that but what have those guys been doing to get exposed (unfortunately thinking if Kalou)...?
Another whining team faced with relegation if the season restarts. That said, for the season to restart, it will have to be accepted up front, that individuals contracting the virus, will not derail the campaign (how many commas are allowed in a sentence?). Otherwise, the whole 'restart' idea is totally pointless

Rangers are miffed about something, I’ve read up a bit but can’t really understand what’s gone amiss!

I think its cos Celtic won the City of Glasgow cup ( east end play off) in 1894, and Rangers are objecting to the length of a players handlebar moustache that day.
if its not that, then I wont be far off with the Celtic reference

I think its cos Celtic won the City of Glasgow cup ( east end play off) in 1894, and Rangers are objecting to the length of a players handlebar moustache that day.
if its not that, then I wont be far off with the Celtic reference
Be about as popular around there as the Louden on Duke Street!
I saw the Falkirk thing and I thought of them wee tears rolling down them bonnie cheeks, Poor Falkirk...

Be about as popular around there as the Louden on Duke Street!
I saw the Falkirk thing and I thought of them wee tears rolling down them bonnie cheeks, Poor Falkirk...

On this occasion, no tears from me. Poor management on and off the field, including the closing of a successful academy led to a seemingly impossible relegation, and whilst in that league that Falkirk were too good for, they never got to the top of it.
tears might be shed for Broara and Kelty, who have been denied even a play off to maybe reach the senior leagues.
Mind you, Brechin, who were bottom, used to be run by David Will, who without checking, used to be leader of UEFA? So, its possible to be cynical...

Not really, they wouldn't lose subscribers as the agreed freeze is only until live sports return so only those at the end of contracts could leave. At the moment they are losing as much as £100 million per month assuming everyone has chosen to freeze, they will be desperate to get things back up and running. The government also hold all of the cards so they can set the conditions, and Sky being able to show games and charge subscriptions with other games being shown free to air has to be better for them than not being able to show anything.

Can't agree - any live games they 'lose' they can get back in 'cash' - surely they would take that over still losing a number of games AND their exclusivity?

Sturgeon is using every opportunity to squabble with Whitehall. Bloody soundbite slogans... seemingly all the British public can understand and cope with. Political one upmanship, focusing on votes and basing policy on the mood of Social Media.. oh and daily Party Political Broadcasts around T time.
Anyone a bit sick of it all yet??

Just wondering if we are still debating the question in the title or should we switch to how long before the impact is over.

I think it's pretty clear this is the thread about "the impact of coronavirus on football" - I'm sure chef Rusty will cook us up a new recipe if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back