A&H

How many whistles do you carry (and how do you carry them?)

Lefelee

This has to be the most referee-nerdy thread of the year, or perhaps all time, but how many whistles do you carry with you in the field, and how do you carry them?

The classic and archetypal English "whistle on a lanyard", like Clatts?

165269856-Kopie.jpg

... a finger ring, like Mike Dean? (my personal favorite)
Referee-Mike-Dean-001.jpg

... a string or some other object to hold on to, like Nicola Rizzoli?

article-0-1F699CA600000578-194_634x541.jpg

... chucking two whistles together, like Felix Brych?

ngC3AF24D3-3B80-43E3-AC66-81F883815F94.jpg

...or just a plain, simple whistle carried in your hand, like the one and only Collina?

636459-21917773-1600-900.jpg

The Referee Store
GEEK !!!!! lol

For what its worth I'm a clatts .........

Last edited by a moderator:
In a nutsthell, many moons ago i was told by a mentor...NEVER....leave you kit bag in a changing room because a) might get stolen b)if you have a kit failure, everything is but a few steps away.....To prove one point refereed at a park/leisure centre one day,was told could leave bag in changing room(5 other ref kit bags there) as the room would be locked and corridor got cctv. Well sticking to my number one rule i took my bag with me,when i got back to changing rooms after match, they got broke into wallets/car keys and some ref kit was stolen. Then we were told cctv not working..... so point proven.

2 one in my pocket and my molten flip grip, best piece of kit eve :)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    135.9 KB · Views: 13
I've seen some for sale on other referee supply stores

If they're Acme whistles, they should not have this failure. I cannot vouch for the quality of cheap Chinese fare. I had an interview a few years ago with Simon Topman, the CEO of Acme Whistles. Here's the link: Simon Topman. In it he explains the pea-getting-stuck issue. I've inherited my dad's Acme, and bought a few new ones myself when I started refereeing 28 years ago. They have never failed me.

Interesting read. Well, well never knew that about why peas stick. Now I do!

Fox 40 on wrist lanyard and spare Fox 40 in my left pocket on a neck lanyard (in case I want to look like a school teacher or dad ref).

Used to do the Collina thing but having had to switch to spare whistle when the original got knocked out of my hand a couple of times put me off.

Back